1st Trimester

Lightning Uterus???

Ok...I saw some of you talking about this yesterday.  Is that what explains these sharp, shooting little pains I am feeling in my lower abdomen??  They have been coming and going the last two days.  I am almost 9 weeks and I just want to make sure this is normal and that I shouldn't worry.  No spotting or anything.

Re: Lightning Uterus???

• Either Round Ligament Pains (RLP) or lightening ute. I've had it too, it sucks.
  • I've had exactly the same thing the last few days. Very brief, sharp pains, on the left and right sides. I'm sure it's just RLP. I'm not too worried about it. I would however be converned if there was spotting along with it.
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey... I thought RLP was usually more of a 2nd tri thing. Am I completely wrong on that?
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • imageJason'swife:
    Hey... I thought RLP was usually more of a 2nd tri thing. Am I completely wrong on that?

This is what I have heard and read as well...that is why i was wondering...

• I've had the same things -- switching sides.  They last only about 30-90 seconds each.  I keep checking and haven't seen any spotting though, so I'm not too worried unless I start to see that with the pain.
  • I had RLP in first tri; it's pretty common I think.  In fact I feel like I had it more then than I do now, but maybe that was because everything was new then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejulia0402:
    I had RLP in first tri; it's pretty common I think.  In fact I feel like I had it more then than I do now, but maybe that was because everything was new then.

Good. Well... not good, but I'm glad you had it in the first tri too. It must just be more common in the 2nd tri when things start getting a lot bigger.

• Ok...thats comforting.  At least I know I am not the only one.  I wasn't worrying too much since there hasn't been spotting, but you know, every little pain sometimes freaks me out.

• Those pains could be from your baby growing and your body stretching to accomodate. Lightning doen't usually happen until you are close to birth- as far as I have read. Thats when the baby moves down into your pelvis. Hopefully that is helpful. I myself have spent way too much time on the internet trying to answer the same questions.
  • Yeah, this is one subject on which Google doesn't answer all the appropriate questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"