Special Needs

Nighttime party for a 3 year old?

I know - random topic but DS just got an invitation from someone at his therapy center for a birthday party - for a 3 year old - but it's from 7-10 on a Sat night.  Am I the only one who thinks that's an odd time for a b-day party for a toddler?  I mean DS goes to bed at 7:300-8:00pm most days, even weekends.

I kinda feel bad because I would've loved to have taken him but the place is about a 45-60 min drive from the house so it'd be him walking in, saying hi, then leave 20 mins later because he's starting to get sleepy.  

I'm curious though as to how the invitation came to be since his ABA is one-on-one and the only time he interacts (I think) with any other children is during Day Care time (the center also has a small day care for NT kids and part of their day is spent interacting with them - DS has a LOOOOONG way to go there still).

Made me realize that DS does have a little bit of a life outside mommy and daddy already since I truly have no idea who this little boy is.  Is it odd that this makes me smile a little?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Nighttime party for a 3 year old?

• 7 - 10pm for a 3 year old is ridiculous.  Are you sure its pm? I would think a pancakes party at 7am would make more sense.

• 7-10pm is a really insane time to have a party for a 3yr old. Most 3yr olds go to bed in the 8pm hour. Did they mean for this to be some sort of pajama party? I'm not even sure most 3yr olds could even manage to stay awake until 10pm!

The fact that the party is so late, your commute to/from is so long, and that you don't even know the child equals (in my world) not going to that party. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagefinsup:

7 - 10pm for a 3 year old is ridiculous.  Are you sure its pm? I would think a pancakes party at 7am would make more sense.

LOL, I seriously triple checked it to make sure I was looking at it right.  It really made me wonder for a sec if we were the weird parents making DS go to bed at 8pm on weekends.  (a whole half hour later than Mon-Fri - woohoo!)

• There is no way we would be attending either.  LA goes to bed between 7:30-8 and is NOT a "fun" person to be around if you keep her up when she is tired. 
  • imageJustinlove:
    There is no way we would be attending either.  LA goes to bed between 7:30-8 and is NOT a "fun" person to be around if you keep her up when she is tired. 

Yeah, lol, DS gets super super active and then bam!  just crashes and goes into cranky mode.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"