Eco-Friendly Family
Options

share your CD laundry routine please!

Hi ladies!

My CDs are in and I'm in the process of prepping them.  I'm so excited!  Anyway, I was just hoping to see some examples of how to wash from now on.

I'm thinking cold soak or rinse then spin without detergent, then hot wash/double cold rinse with detergent.  Does this sound about right?

Thanks in advance!

Re: share your CD laundry routine please!

• Options

This is what I do:

Rinse cold (it does spin)

Hot wash with a tad of detergent

Cold wash with 1/3 cup white vinager or if I didn't have much time or poopy diapers in tehre I just do another cold rinse with the vinager instead

I line dry but used to put in the dryer and that worked fine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't do anything extra with pre rinses, I didn't notice any difference with or without the rinse and didn't want to use the water if it didn't do anything. My routine is:

start a hot wash with cold rinse. I add some baking soda, oxygen cleaner, washing soda and simple green to the wash while the washer is filling, and add vinegar to the fabric softener compartment. The washing machine does a cold rinse, that is my only option.

Dry on high in dryer (I have no place to hang dry right now)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Cold rinse

Hot wash with detergent

Extra rinse (sometimes)

Dry on low heat?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Cold Rinse and Spin (without detergent)

Hot Wash with Extra Rinse (with detergent)

• Options
    Cold soak cycle.  Hot wash, cold rinse with detergent and vinegar in a downy ball.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"