Nurseries and Baby Gear

Diono Radian RXT vs Britax Boulevard 70

Backstory, in case you see a solution I don't:

DS is currently in a Boulevard 70, and I'm a diehard Britax fan. However, in our Pilot, the Boulevard will only fit in the center seat of the second row rearfacing because of how far back it goes (it's already set at the up-most angle).

DS will be 19m when DD is born, and we'll have to fit a B-Safe beside him. We looked at it this weekend, and the B-Safe takes up even more room than the Boulevard. So, the B-Safe will HAVE to go in the middle, and if we keep the Boulevard, it will have to be FF on one of the sides. I really don't want to turn him yet.

So I've started to look at the Radians since everyone says that they're super small, especially with the Angle Adjuster. Does anyone know how much smaller, though? I can't find this info online, but I may just be sleep deprived and not seeing it. Also, it looks like the Radians last 10 years, not 6, is this true? 

If the Radian is small enough I would like to put that RF behind the front passenger seat with the B-Safe in the middle, and just give the Boulevard to DD around 5 months when I'd move her from the infant seat. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diono Radian RXT vs Britax Boulevard 70

• lautilauti member

I'm surprised the Boulevard is so restricting.  The Britax seats are among the slimmest from front to back when RF.  Can you use a pool noodle to adjust the angle or change how it's positioned on the seat?

The Radians are great for tight quarters FF, but for RF they can be beasts.  I'm not sure it would be any better than your Blvd.

I'd try heading to a store to see if you can try out a Radian. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we just bought the Diono Radian RXT yesterday for DH's car (for DS)....we have the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL (basically the same seat but last years version of the Radian RXT but the new one has some upgrades).  We love them!
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelauti:

I'm surprised the Boulevard is so restricting.  The Britax seats are among the slimmest from front to back when RF.  Can you use a pool noodle to adjust the angle or change how it's positioned on the seat?

The Radians are great for tight quarters FF, but for RF they can be beasts.  I'm not sure it would be any better than your Blvd.

I don't think it's the Boulevard, I think it's that the space between the second and first row of our Pilot is waaay smaller than we thought it was :( Nope I was trying to mess with it this past weekend, it's just going to have to be turned around, unless I give up the front passenger seat for 6 months.

Thanks for the info, with a little bit of Googling I'm coming up with the same response. Since they had an angle adjuster available for the Radians I assumed they were tiny from front to back too.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lautilauti member
    imageFulbri05:
    imagelauti:

I don't think it's the Boulevard, I think it's that the space between the second and first row of our Pilot is waaay smaller than we thought it was :( Nope I was trying to mess with it this past weekend, it's just going to have to be turned around, unless I give up the front passenger seat for 6 months.

Thanks for the info, with a little bit of Googling I'm coming up with the same response. Since they had an angle adjuster available for the Radians I assumed they were tiny from front to back too.  

I had a Marathon RF in my Mini Cooper and a Radian wouldn't even fit because of the little extra piece that they have with it for RF use.  The guy couldn't even get it on the seat to give it a try. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagelauti:
    imageFulbri05:
    imagelauti:

I had a Marathon RF in my Mini Cooper and a Radian wouldn't even fit because of the little extra piece that they have with it for RF use.  The guy couldn't even get it on the seat to give it a try. 

Have to use the angle adjuster in the Mini Cooper. We got it to fit in our 05 Cooper S. The angle adjuster makes a huge difference. You also need to pull the Radian forward slightly away from the seat bight to get the better angle.

OP, see if a store will let you try the Radian with the angle adjuster to see what kind of space it will give you.  Otherwise, ask on car-seat.org, seat what solution they have for your Pilot.

Oh, and yes, the 2012 Radians have a 10 year expiry.

• dojo1dojo1 member
    I bought a radian, haven't used it yet. I was told it was much slimmer than Britax... You can fit three across if needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"