Infertility

I'm officially obsessed. Help.

Will someone PLEASE stop me from researching fragmented embryos?!?!!? I think I've viewed every picture available on the Internet and begged for every possible response from SAIF. I want this to work soooo badly and the fragmentation has me beyond concerned. I need a drink........
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm officially obsessed. Help.

• Slowly step away from the Google :) 

I understand you are scared, there are so many good and bad stories about everything IF related on the internet.  I read your post yesterday and it sounds like a few girls on SAIF had positive outcomes.  You will be fine!!!  Halloween candy also helps at a time like this! :)

• 1. Breathe. Count to ten.

I understand the obsession to google everything about your IF. You're not alone! But ultimately, taking a break from everything IF-related helps me feel happier and more normal. So keep that in mind.

• Loading the player...
  • ok, I hope this doesn't sound mean, but you did ask us to stop you!

remember that researching fragmented embryos will have no effect on whether or not this will work. at this point the cycle is pretty much out of your hands - all you can do is relax, and pray (if you do that), and try to distract yourself.

my therapist has to constantly remind me that worrying about something doesn't change the outcome - it just stresses me out.

(all that being said, I'm already depressed about my less than stellar embryos and have little hope for this cycle)

• imagelnle:

ok, I hope this doesn't sound mean, but you did ask us to stop you!

remember that researching fragmented embryos will have no effect on whether or not this will work. at this point the cycle is pretty much out of your hands - all you can do is relax, and pray (if you do that), and try to distract yourself.

my therapist has to constantly remind me that worrying about something doesn't change the outcome - it just stresses me out.

(all that being said, I'm already depressed about my less than stellar embryos and have little hope for this cycle)

*hugs*

I know how you feel. My RE  kept telling me yesterday that's he's transferred tons of perfect embies that were BFNs and tons of "bad" embies that were BFPs. You never know what is going to work, but that doesn't make it an easier!

• It's sooo hard not to goolge every single little thing and worry your brains out. HUGS. But it does make the time go faster and easier if you can busy your mind elsewhere.

BTW - *******child and pg mentioned*********

During our IVF #2 we had a real disaster cycle. Tons of eggs but only three embies even alive by day three. I was so convinced it wouldn't work. We only had three "poor" embies, one each 6/5/4 cell. We tossed them all in and I cried the whole day of ET. Well, I got pg with twins. Now, I lost one at 9 weeks or so, but the other is two years old and taking a nap.

So - yes - poor embies do indeed make perfectly normal, healthy babies. Please keep that in mind. Love and hugs

Jen

• Hey, your embryos were alive and had good cell counts - that's HUGE!!  Fragementation is like voodoo - no one knows what it is, how it works, or whether it's a big deal at all. I had a lot of fragmentation in my embies, and on the cycle that the embryos were defragmented (they can actually suck the frags out) it made no difference.  right now the best thing you can do is relax and let those embies settle in! GL!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"