Trouble TTC
Options

Scared (not 3T related and way TMI...enter at your own risk)

I am bleeding from my bottom. Bright red. Not a ton, but enough to drip into the toilet - not just on the toilet paper. I also have the same very bright red blood coming from my vagina, and it's CD5. I usually am just having light spotting at this point. It's not heavy. Again, just very bright red. Both the vaginal and rectal bleeding increased once I strained to have a BM.

I do have some burning, so I wonder if it's a hemorrhoid from the increase in my fiber. I have IBS, and was an every 5-day BM kinda gal, and now I've been going every day. I'm praying that it's a hemmie, however, the increased vaginal bleeding makes me nervous too.

Ugh. I'm going to keep an eye on things, and maybe see my PCP tomorrow if it continues?

The nurse in me knows that I would tell a patient that this was probably 95% a hemorrhoid, and a brief increase in pressure from teh straining would also cause the increase in vaginal bleeding.

Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: Scared (not 3T related and way TMI...enter at your own risk)

• Options
    It is scary to bleed from places you shouldn't!  I would go see my PCP if it keeps up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think your 'nurse in you' scenario sounds very plausible.  I would definitely still be worried about it though if it were me.  I think if it continues through today I would call you PCP.  

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have stomach issues and can get very constipated. It's not unusual for me to see red blood if I have had to strain. It's never been to the dripping amount but I have seen it increase spotting for the reason you mentioned. I have talked about it with my doctor and was told just to try and take in enough fiber to keep my bm's regular. Too much or too little will aggravate.
  • Options
    I would call your PCP tomorrow.  That would freak me out.
  • Options

imagebuckeyebaby814:
    I think your 'nurse in you' scenario sounds very plausible.  I would definitely still be worried about it though if it were me.  I think if it continues through today I would call you PCP.  

Definitely this! <3 Thinking of you love! :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had the dripping this as well. I had a colonoscopy done & I do have hemorrhoids. I am ot regular at all & my BM is usually hard, so I try to get in as much fiber per day that I can. Sorry you are dealing with that; its scary stuff.

04/07/11- PCOS Diagnosis w/GYN. Put on Metformin (1500 mgs)
    04/25/11- 1st consultation with RE (Confirmed PCOS & Anovulation)
    05/09/11-HSG-All clear! 05/13/11-SA-Normal. Found out on 2/14/12, low Morph (1%).
    06/17/11-10 days of Clomid (100, 150) No response.
    07/10/11-03/20/12- 5 Injectable (Follistim) IUI cycles; 4 BFN, 1 C/P. (stims ranged from 11 days to 25 days)
    05/28/12-Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. 75 mcg Synthroid.

IVF with ICSI in June/July 2013 = BFP!. Beta # 1 = 123. Beta # 2 = 252. Due March 25th. Baby boy arrived March 27, 2013!

FET #1 - 10/4/14 = BFP!! Beta #1 = 179. Beta # 2 = 499. Due June 22nd.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I have had issues with hemmies since I was a kid and they got pretty bad as I grew older. It definitely can be scary if it is something you are used to experiencing. I would definitely go to your PCP if it doesn't get better in a few days because they may give you a steriod type cream/suppository to help it relax and go away. Something you can try at home if you are comfortable doing so is stool softeners, and mineral oil (no more than 1 tbsp) mixed in applesauce.
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Options
    imagehappilyeverafterxo:

imagebuckeyebaby814:

Definitely this! <3 Thinking of you love! :)

This. You know your body best, hun. :)
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh hon I don't really have any advice to offer but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're having to deal with this!  I agree with PPs -- trust your instincts.  That's definitely a scary thing to have happen, and I hope it resolves itself quickly. 

I do think that GI type contractions can squeeze your ute and cause more significant vaginal bleeding if you're somewhere in AF.  And sometimes my body does a "screw-you-and-your-panties-too" AF -- where I think it's over and then it randomly starts again for just a few hours.

PS -- I have been meaning to tell you for a while that I am smitten with your new siggy pic.  

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options

As lynda said your body can def be screwey I've had af go totally away and come back and last cycle I was spotting then the next day it came back full force and I dot think I ever stopped spotting. Prettty sure it was cd 10 or so by surgery day and I was still splitting then. And now of course 2 weeks after surgery and I'm still bleeding. My body really doesn't like me!   I'm gonna say its probably hemmies and I hope it gets better luv but if it's not better or gets worse in a day or two then I would call the dr.  

My lesson learned in all of this is to trust my instinct and my husbands instinct when something is off. I called several doctors/nurses and they all told me not to worry. I don't think they were "listening" to me. Perhaps if I would have made a dr appointment I would've been heard and things wouldve gone differently idk. But I do know to trust is mh and myself to know when something is wrong over someone Sitting on the phone Gl and feel better!!

• Options
    I'm sure it is just a hemorroid.  But If the bleeding increases or sticks around a few days I'd talk to your PCP.  I get them every now and then but usually it's just a spot when I wipe.  You can also think about taking some stool softner for a while so when you go it's not as hard on the hemorroid.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

imagepinkmickey24:
    I would definitely go to your PCP if it doesn't get better in a few days because they may give you a steriod type cream/suppository to help it relax and go away. Something you can try at home if you are comfortable doing so is stool softeners, and mineral oil (no more than 1 tbsp) mixed in applesauce.

This...but you could also try an over the counter stool softener called Miralax.  I have the same issue, but I find that if I use Miralax, it helps soften it.  It works really well and I just mix it in my OJ in the mornings.

Happily married Since May 2008. TTC#1 Since May 2010.
    Me: 29, Mild DOR
    DH: 31, SE mostly normal, 1st SE morph 5%, 2nd SE morph 15%...yeah!.
    BFP July 2011, Natural MC August 2011.
    3 cycles of 50mg Clomid = BFN
    *New RE* Feb/Mar 2012 100 mg Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    *3rd RE* April-June -Break Cycles begin prep for IVF by doing 2 Heparin injects daily....fun fun!
    IVF #1 - ER 7/19, ET 7/24, 2 beautiful embies transferred. Beta 8/2 = BFN
    *New RE...yes again* FET Nov 2012 with our lone ranger = BFFN
    RE Suggests Trying IUI Again, Jan. 2013 IUI #2 =BFN
    Feb. 2013 IUI #3 = BFP!!!, Beta #1 (15dpIUI) = 90, Beta #2 (17dpIUI) = 210, U/S Scheduled for 3/18
  • Options
    I always err on the side of safety and go to the doctor when odd things happen to my body. You just never know. At least if you go and find out it's nothing, you've only lost a copay. But if it is something, hopefully they can figure out early and fix it easily. I just have a crazy medical history involving cancer, so I may be hypersensitive to weird sensations/events in my body than others. I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options

Thanks everyone. The rectal bleeding has stopped completely, so pretty convinced it is a hemorrhoid.

The vaginal bleeding on the other hand is very odd. By day 5, I am normally wearing just a pantiliner. It's weird though because it's not extremely heavy - it's almost stringy and kind of clotty. Very odd. CD1, 2, and 3 were medium flow, CD4 light, and now this weird stringy stuff. And I have a menstrual headache back. Gosh darn weird AF!

But my nerves are soothed for now.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    imagekellyrn9956:

I am bleeding from my bottom. Bright red. Not a ton, but enough to drip into the toilet - not just on the toilet paper. I also have the same very bright red blood coming from my vagina, and it's CD5. I usually am just having light spotting at this point. It's not heavy. Again, just very bright red. Both the vaginal and rectal bleeding increased once I strained to have a BM.

I do have some burning, so I wonder if it's a hemorrhoid from the increase in my fiber. I have IBS, and was an every 5-day BM kinda gal, and now I've been going every day. I'm praying that it's a hemmie, however, the increased vaginal bleeding makes me nervous too.

Ugh. I'm going to keep an eye on things, and maybe see my PCP tomorrow if it continues?

The nurse in me knows that I would tell a patient that this was probably 95% a hemorrhoid, and a brief increase in pressure from teh straining would also cause the increase in vaginal bleeding.

This. 

• Options
    Glad the bleeding stopped, I know you must feel relieved. Nurse to nurse, I'm sure it's a hemorrhoid. I know as a nurse I can get crazy about my health and body because we are used to seeing the worst case scenarios in our patients in the hospital. Unfortunately sometimes we know too much! 
    TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekellyrn9956:

Thanks everyone. The rectal bleeding has stopped completely, so pretty convinced it is a hemorrhoid.

The vaginal bleeding on the other hand is very odd. By day 5, I am normally wearing just a pantiliner. It's weird though because it's not extremely heavy - it's almost stringy and kind of clotty. Very odd. CD1, 2, and 3 were medium flow, CD4 light, and now this weird stringy stuff. And I have a menstrual headache back. Gosh darn weird AF!

But my nerves are soothed for now.

I'm glad to here the rectal bleeding stopped- that would make me nervous too.  Sorry your AF is weird though! 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    Excellent - glad to hear it stopped. I bet you're feeling relieved!
  • Options

I also have a persistent hemmie and that's what it sounds like. If it continues talk to your PCP. I asked my OB about it and she checked, said right away that was what it was. 

Good luck! I hope it's nothing.  

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imagebrachatzipora:

I also have a persistent hemmie and that's what it sounds like. If it continues talk to your PCP. I asked my OB about it and she checked, said right away that was what it was. 

Good luck! I hope it's nothing. 

ETA: Woops! Came back to this post in the am and saw it was not happening. Readig fail. Glad it stopped! 

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"