Trouble TTC
Options

Super Newbie

Hi Everyone I'm very new to this. I'm still learning what some of the abbreviations are and so on. Please be patient.

My husband and I have been TTC since July 2011, doc said if we have no luck by this July they're going to start running some tests to see if anything is wrong. She also said something about Clomid. I keep wondering if it isn't stress related. Both my husband and I are military, and have stressful jobs.

Any helpful tips and advice would be most appreciated. We want to have a miracle of our own :)

Me: 25 DH: 28 TTC since 7/14/2011 We want our own little one
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Trying to Conceive Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Super Newbie

• Options

I would definitely read the newbie link at the top of the board to decide where you fit in.  Do you have a diagnosis that may interfere with getting pregnant?  If not, may want to check out the Trying to Get Pregnant board instead as this board is more for those of us with a diagnosis or who have been trying for a year or more!  Good luck to you!!

Also, there is a glossary of common abbreviations along the left column!! 

TTC #1 10/2011 || Diagnosed PCOS 5/2012 || SA - Normal! || HSG - Clear!
    Starting Metformin 5/2012
    BFP 6/25/2012!! EDD 3/7/2013!! IT'S A BOY!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh ok.
    Me: 25 DH: 28 TTC since 7/14/2011 We want our own little one
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It depends on your age. Normally, ob/gyn's recommend trying for a year on your own if you're under 35, for 6 months if you're 35-40 and for 3 months if you're 40+. After trying on your own, if you're still not pregnant, then you can go to the doctor and have them run some tests. Believe it or not, it takes many couples under 35 up to a year to get pregnant, although there are definitely people who get pregnant in the first try.

Stress might be an issue, it actually does prevent ovulation in some cases. You should try to minimize your stress as much as you can. Maybe get regular massages or accupuncture. Eating right, exercising, cutting back on alcohol and coffee. Those are all good things to do when you're TTC. And taking a prenatal vitamin now is important, so you'll have enough folic acid in your system when you do get pregnant.

Good luck on your journey! :)

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"