Trouble TTC
Options

Thick lining question

Hey ladies.

I've been trying to google, but most of the results brings up thin lining...

I went in for cd3 base-work. The RE said my lining is still too thick, and to come back in on Sunday for a second check. I believe he said my lining was 6? (It was at least 6-8. I can't remember the specific, he was talking to the nurse, not me.)

What should the lining be? 

If it doesn't go down, what's usually next? I thought I read earlier that BCP's are given and the cycle is cancelled. Just wanted to double check.

Thanks! Happy Saint Pat's day!

2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
Vanishing twin at week 6
Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!

Re: Thick lining question

• Options

For baseline appointments it's supposed to be under 4mm (I think). At the beginning of your cycle your lining should be thin so when your E2 numbers start growing, your lining can grow with it to maturity. If it's already mature, then it can get too thick which can inhibit implantation. I think ideal thickness for medicated cycles is 8-12mm but there is some slight variance there. It's very important with all medicated cycles that everything grows together.

They may put you on bcp to suppress you and so when you come off you'll have a withdrawl bleed or they may put you on Provera or something similar to make you shed your lining. With either of those two options, you'll likely be cancelled.

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options
    Thank you! :)
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"