Austin Babies

Dreading Daylight Savings

Last daylight savings, Elena moved her wake-up time from 7:30 to 7 am and never went back.

And lately, both girls wake up sometime between 6 and 7.  I really don't want it to become sometime between 5 and 6! 

I really really really miss my time in Indiana where there was no daylight savings!  Never moved clocks!  ahhh, now I would truly love those days having kids! 

imageimage
6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
My Blog! All about my girls and quilting

Re: Dreading Daylight Savings

• I'm dreading it too, both for my kids and my biz! boooo.
  • I know what you mean.  The past few weeks Abby has been getting up between 6:30-7:30am. Surprise She used to sleep until 8-8:30!  I am dreading the clocks going back, I refuse to get up that early. Big Smile I would just let her read/play in her room for awhile like I did when she was in her crib, but now she goes over to the monitor and starts yelling "mama I am AWAKE" in it.  Little turd! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageabbysmom1005:
    but now she goes over to the monitor and starts yelling "mama I am AWAKE" in it.  Little turd! 

LMAO!! 

• imagecarlinlp:

imageabbysmom1005:
    but now she goes over to the monitor and starts yelling "mama I am AWAKE" in it.  Little turd! 

LMAO!! 

Yeah, I see the humor in it when it is not 6:30am!  LOL!

• yeah, i ought to be careful laughing it up, or abby will teach taryn the next time they see each other haha!
  • Elena just starts yelling "COME GET ME!!!"  But I love it when she yells "COME GET ME DADDY!"

I think the reason she keeps moving her wake-time up is that she'll do it once by accident and then realize she gets more Daddy-time that way.  So then she'll keep doing it. 

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • imageabbysmom1005:
    I know what you mean.  The past few weeks Abby has been getting up between 6:30-7:30am. Surprise She used to sleep until 8-8:30!  I am dreading the clocks going back, I refuse to get up that early. Big Smile I would just let her read/play in her room for awhile like I did when she was in her crib, but now she goes over to the monitor and starts yelling "mama I am AWAKE" in it.  Little turd! 

Sounds like you need to do what my parents did to me:  "Lilrunner, it is fine if you want to get up at 5:30 AM on Saturday mornings.  However, Momma and Daddy do not.  Please watch cartoons and DO NOT WAKE US until after 8 AM."  I remember this conversation as early as 6.  However, I am pretty sure they told me even earlier than that.  And I did what I was told...just sat happily on the couch and watched cartoons. 

Abby cracks me up!  I always think about that time you told us about her being up talking to herself for an hour before she went to bed. 

• lilrunner we used to do that with ty.  i'd even put his cereal in a bowl with a cup of milk next to it in the fridge so he could eat if he got hungry when he was around 6 or 7 LOL!

some girls on the photo board were talking about putting a lamp on a timer and saying you can't call mommy until the light comes on....might be worth a shot?  knowing taryn, she'd go flip the light switch and call us then Confused 

• I dread it too.  I really hate the time changing.  I wish they would just pick one time & keep it there.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Oh I didn't even think of this!  Megan wakes up at 6am most morning, I really hope she doesn't start waking up at 5 - eek!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"