2nd Trimester

if you're having a girl...POLL

Do you know exactly when you ovulated? How many days after you did the deed?

We are Team Green, but I am pretty convinced it's a girl because I KNOW we did the deed 3 days before I ovulated. And from what I understand teh girl sperm are slower swimmers with longer life spans.

Just curious! 

[Poll]
image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: if you're having a girl...POLL

• I don't know exactly when I ovulated but I don't think doing the deed 3 days before is a really good indicator of the sex of the baby. I think a lot of people have boys that way too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Im on another forum- and just thought I would say - that there are many ppl that have shellties opposites.  This is a gender forum - and there are 7 sway factors.  Timing is the least important.

I wouldnt say you are having a girl based on this- as otherwise I would have three girls.. 

If your interested.. here is the other forum link. 

https://www.in-gender.com/

lolololo
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAprilAngie:

Im on another forum- and just thought I would say - that there are many ppl that have shellties opposites.  This is a gender forum - and there are 7 sway factors.  Timing is the least important.

I wouldnt say you are having a girl based on this- as otherwise I would have three girls.. 

This is an interesting site - thanks! I poked around a bit and couldn't find a list of the 7 sway factors - can you point me to the right place? But honestly that's good to know that it could still very likely be a boy. If there's not much of a chance of having a boy it kinda takes the fun out of being team green! 

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah we did the shettles method and used the OvaCue for complete accuracy for ovulation.. Followed the "position", diet, etc to conceive a boy since we already had a girl.. Sure enough it ended up being a girl!! We weren't upset obviously we love her more than the world itself already and could not be any happier.. But it was still a surprise because the method didn't work for us.. I believe it's up to how strong the father's female/male sperm are that will determine the chances of the shettles method actually working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedangerkitty102:
    imageAprilAngie:

Im on another forum- and just thought I would say - that there are many ppl that have shellties opposites.  This is a gender forum - and there are 7 sway factors.  Timing is the least important.

This is an interesting site - thanks! I poked around a bit and couldn't find a list of the 7 sway factors - can you point me to the right place? But honestly that's good to know that it could still very likely be a boy. If there's not much of a chance of having a boy it kinda takes the fun out of being team green! 

Try this..

https://www.in-gender.com/cs/blogs/tamara/default.aspx

lolololo
  • We had an IUI the day after I gave myself a shot to release my eggs...

We did the same with my son. This was our last cycle before moving onto IVF, they told me bc the mobility and the sperm count was very low they didnt even think it would work... low and behold im having a girl... ha!

• LM915LM915 member
    I know when I ovulated, but we had sex 5 days in a row around that time frame, so I really can't answer this poll.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • I voted same day, but i had IUI, so I know exactly when I conceived
  • We did the deed the day I got a positive OPK and the next day and we are team pink!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a daughter and am expecting another little girl.

With both of my pregnancies we just bd every single day after af all the way through O day. Honestly, I just think it is 50/50 either if you try and time when you dtd or not.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bump burp

• I had an IUI the day after the trigger shot and also BDd 2 days I think before so whether it was on our own or the IUI I will never know. But we are having a girl.
  • I am pretty sure we did it the day before and the day after.  Timing s not the only factor, though.  For instance, I have been vegetarian for 19 years, and studies have shown vegetarian women more likely to give birth to girls.
    "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    We had actually been using protection until the exact day I ovulated, and we had a girl. I guess she was just a fast one!
  • imagebeacbabe:

We had an IUI the day after I gave myself a shot to release my eggs...

This exactly... and I'm having a girl.
  • We had sex (or did the deed which ever you prefer to call it) daily around that time.  We werent ttc (I was on the pill) so I have no clue what night/day we actually had sex that the lucky sperm found its way to my lovely egg.  

For my twin girls we did it twice in one day.  ;)

1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
    5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Shettles has been debunked. Both X and Y sperm live the same amount of time, just thrive in different environments. That's the theory being the 7 sway factors--to change the woman's environment to attract one gender of sperm. In my research, timing is the least important sway factor. 

I swayed girl mostly via diet. My BD timing was O-3days, O-1day, and O+12 (Ovulation plus 12 hours). I'm having a girl.

Shana
    Baby girl born July 6th 2012 at 40w2d
  • I have two girls so I thought i'd chime in..with DD1 we had sex 5 days before O and not again [we were charting so I'm sure of O date]. With DD2 we had sex 3 days before O and not again until after O [again, charting]. 
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • I can't vote because this was a total whoops and I really have no clue when I ovulated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We had sex the two days my CBEFM gave me peak. From my due date, that means we had sex the day I O'd and the day after. We are having a girl.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"