VBAC

"oh I am nervous for you"

byrne15byrne15 member

This is what I am being met with when people find out I am trying for a VBAC.

What gives?  Is this the general opinion of the public that VBACs are dangerous?

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
My IF blog
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: "oh I am nervous for you"

• I get the same comments. When I ask why people give vague reasons that don't make a lot of since. I just keep reminding myself that they don't know anything about vbac and not to listen.
  • I got the same comment a few times. I think that is the general perception.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • No one actually said that to me because everyone who knows me knows that once my mind is made up about something, there's no sense on saying such things.  I got more of the "Well, good for you" with fear in their eyes type comments.  Luckily, I am friends with A LOT of nurses and they were legitimately behind me and were happy to educate people.

The general public thinks there's no less than a 50% chance of your uterus exploding or some such nonsense courtesy of poor reporting on the media's part.  Clearly people who are not in our situation aren't going to actually go out of their way to read research.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • My sister and I were pregnant together with our second kids, and she was planning a HBAC while I was planning a VBAC in a hospital. Our cousin's husband (he's an anesthesiologist) emailed her about the "VBACs gone wrong" he had attended to, and what a huge risk she was taking. WTF, so unnecessary!

I had people ask me about it, but it was more from a place of ignorance about VBAC than one of judgement.

BTW, congrats! I remember you from way back when - our sons are about the same age. Hope that doesn't come off as stalker-ish Smile.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imageMAprincess:

The general public thinks there's no less than a 50% chance of your uterus exploding or some such nonsense courtesy of poor reporting on the media's part.  Clearly people who are not in our situation aren't going to actually go out of their way to read research.

LOL.  Definitely this.  I just ignore them, because I know they're speaking from what they know....which is not a lot for most people.  I usually give them a quick and simple response, like..... "things are changing since the ACOG said that most women can and should have a TOL"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"