Natural Birth

Birth affirmations

What were your birth affirmations that got you through labor? I'm going to write a couple on my mirror.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

Re: Birth affirmations

• "I can do anything for 30 seconds to 1 minute"  (over and over again)Stick out tongue

Praying helped me tons- I didn't have an exact prayer or bible verse, but I remember praying something over and over about not allowing fear to enter my heart at all...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image image
  •  

I wrote this prayer that I'm hoping will help me through labor:

Oh my God,
    My womb is full with the gift of your love.
    Sanctify my heart, purify my soul,
    Give me the strength of my grandmothers.
    Help me to bring forth this child
    Into the sunlight.

• Loading the player...
  • One I just found that I love

"The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you"

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• imageJessimurph:

One I just found that I love

"The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you"

Wow!  I love that one!

My favorite one was: "Every surge of my body brings my baby closer to me."

When I was in labor I tried to think of all the women I knew who had had med-free births (I called them my inspirational people) and I also thought about the women all around the world who were laboring with me on our daughter's birth day. 

• I'm a birth photographer and I've seen all kinds of affirmations written on mirrors, taped to the walls, etc.  I wish I could remember more of them.  I definitely plan to surround myself with affirmations during our home birth. 

One that is super simple but so key:  "I trust my body."

I also have these two pinned:  here and here.  I've been listening to pregnancy affirmations on my ipod this pregnancy by Belleruth Naparstek and they have been really helpful so far.  I think they will be even more so as we get closer to delivery.  I find them very calming.

• imagecarlinlp:

I'm a birth photographer and I've seen all kinds of affirmations written on mirrors, taped to the walls, etc.  I wish I could remember more of them.  I definitely plan to surround myself with affirmations during our home birth. 

I also have these two pinned:  here and here.  I've been listening to pregnancy affirmations on my ipod this pregnancy by Belleruth Naparstek and they have been really helpful so far.  I think they will be even more so as we get closer to delivery.  I find them very calming.

I have followed your photography and your blog for a loooong time. You actually inspired me to become a photographer. I recognized your picture last week. Congratulations on your pregnancy :) 

• While searching this topic a few weeks ago... I came across this website that had great affirmations. 

https://www.rockymountainbaby.com/pages/birthaffirmations.php 

• imageJessimurph:
    imagecarlinlp:

I'm a birth photographer and I've seen all kinds of affirmations written on mirrors, taped to the walls, etc.  I wish I could remember more of them.  I definitely plan to surround myself with affirmations during our home birth. 

I have followed your photography and your blog for a loooong time. You actually inspired me to become a photographer. I recognized your picture last week. Congratulations on your pregnancy :) 

Awww, this totally made me blush. Thank you :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"