Military Families

Thinking about trying after move.

So my DH is in the Navy and is getting restationed to San Diego. We've finally come to the decision that within the next year (aka after the move) that we would like to start trying for a baby. Are there any other navy wives in that area that have experience with the medical staff? Are they relatively nice? Do they explain things well to first time moms?

Just trying to get an idea of what it may be like, since this will be the first time DH will be stationed on a ship and will be deploying probably during a pregnancy. Luckily, we do have a small handful of family that live in San Diego, but not any family that we're extremely close to. And we do have a very close friend of my husband who lives out there, though I don't know them very well.

Sorry, just kinda nervous overall about moving away from all of my family, and want to hopefully smooth out some of my concerns. 

Expecting Baby #1 on September 4, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

imageimageimage

Re: Thinking about trying after move.

• So far i have not had any ossues with my military docs and i am being seen at the NTC in San Diego. I have a MW and an OB and I love my MW! She takes her time with me, answers all my questions, and makes sure i am very happy with my visit.

As for a PCM I see an civillian doc, as the NMCSD was full when we transfered here a year ago. He looks like my magoo, and is a wonderful doc.

I dont think you will have many complaints, and the staff seem to be very efficient, except at the pharmacy, ALWAYS check your meds, and plan a whole day to be there! :o)

Good Luck! Welcome to San Diego!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• I met the Navy RE staff in SD, and they are awesome, so if you end up having TTC, at least know that! :)
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"