Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Weight loss after m/c

I had a D&E on Oct. 20 at 10.5 weeks (baby stopped developing at 6 wks). The bleeding is gone (knock on wood) but the weight that I'd gained (8 lb) seems to be stuck around my lower abs. This irks me to no end. I work out 4-5 days a week with cardio and weights and I was expecting that once I went back to my pre-pg diet and exercise the weight would come off. Not happening. It depresses me - I HATE getting dressed in the morning b/c everything is tight - some pants way too tight to even wear (and I never wore tight clothes, so it's not like I could barely fit into them to begin with). It just seems like on top of everything else this is straw that's going to break the camel's back. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the HCG still in my system (I go for my 2 wk follow up on Tuesday so I don't know what my level is) Does anyone have info about weight loss after a m/c? Is it really harder to lose? Is anyone else in this situation or did I my self-medicating with food get me here? Thanks for your help.
First BFP 9/7/08 - D&E at 11 weeks - Baby stopped developing at 6 wks 3 days BFP 12/23/08 - Natural miscarriage 1/6/09 BFP 05/11/09 - Ruptured Ecoptopic 5/23/09 at 5 weeks Our Beautiful Baby Girl arrived June 3, 2010 - She amazes us daily! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight loss after m/c

• Options
    I know how you feel.  My weight has stayed the same.  I feel like I am eating alot less and I feel less bloated but the scale is not budging.  Part of it is that I am letting myself have little "treats" here and there when I feel bad.  I am sorry you are going through this and I really think the weight will come off if you keep exercising and eating well.  Just take care of yourself right now, October 20th is really recently.  I am so sorry for your loss, (((hugs)))
  • Options
    I know how you feel. between my 2 m/c back to back, i have not lost any weight - but instead kept on the few pg pounds I had put on, and then managed to eat my way even higher (awful coping mechanism, but I am a food person, and cooking for my DH and others is my comfort and downfall). I have zero motivation for the gym, but have been going, and nothing is budging. I am getting ready for major diet overhaul, but everyday I get started, I crash later in some meltdown. ugh. maybe we need a PL fitness club?
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am glad you post this, I too cannot seem to loose the 8lbs that I gained during the 1st trimester.  I will admit that my lack of motivation could be the cause, but I also wonder if it has anything to do with hormones.  Not pg hormones but hormones in general.  I know I didn't get AF for 47 days and I felt awful (physically).
  • Options
    If I'm reading this correctly it's only been 11 days.  Give yourself more time.  Weight takes a long time to come off.  You have to either eat 2,000 less calories or burn off an extra 2,000 calories to loose 1lb.  So it will take awhile.  And yes, for some reason the belly fat after m/c seems especially hard to loose.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"