Nurseries and Baby Gear

Xterra Rear Facing Car Seat Mirror?

Does anyone have an Xterra (or any car for that matter)...that the back seats do not have a detachable headrests...and were able to get the "Rear Facing Car Seat Mirror" to work? We spent HOURS trying to figure something out in my 2001 Xterra...and nothing works...so now the mirror is sitting on top of the passenger side seat...facing the middle seat (where the car seat is)...and is barely hooked on, causing it to move around with every bump or turn. ....please help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Xterra Rear Facing Car Seat Mirror?

• We were told by the police dept not to use a mirror as it can become a projectile in a crash and injure your child
  • imagepurple4u:
    We were told by the police dept not to use a mirror as it can become a projectile in a crash and injure your child
     As long as it is properly secured to the vehicle, it is fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLittleApple:
    imagepurple4u:
    We were told by the police dept not to use a mirror as it can become a projectile in a crash and injure your child

I disagree in a crash it could still come off just like those sun screen things 

• imagepurple4u:

imageLittleApple:
    imagepurple4u:

They do come off, especially the velcro ones. The only ones I've seen recommended is one that has a clamp that when the clamp is secured on the headrest posts, it's screwed together making it almost impossible to come off. I haven't seen it in a few years though. And it's no good if you don't have headrest posts, like the OP.

Honestly, the mirror isn't really necessary, I'd just leave it. A car seat tech would tell you to leave it out, it doesn't pass the throw test. If someone threw it at your head, and it hurt, you probably don't want it as a projectile in your car.

• alakealake member

imagepurple4u:

This

• imagegimmietimmies:
    imagepurple4u:

imageLittleApple:
    imagepurple4u:

They do come off, especially the velcro ones. The only ones I've seen recommended is one that has a clamp that when the clamp is secured on the headrest posts, it's screwed together making it almost impossible to come off. I haven't seen it in a few years though. And it's no good if you don't have headrest posts, like the OP.

Honestly, the mirror isn't really necessary, I'd just leave it. A car seat tech would tell you to leave it out, it doesn't pass the throw test. If someone threw it at your head, and it hurt, you probably don't want it as a projectile in your car.

I have a clamp one.  That this is not moving anywhere.  I wouldn't trust the regular velcro ones though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"