Multiples
Options

Suggestions for hosptial bags & other??

Well...DH and i decided that even though we don't want our little ones to come for another 6-7 weeks we should at least get started on the hospital bags.  So...what did you wish that you had at the hospital that you didn't? (i will most likely have to have a c-section unless our little girl decides to turn...)

Also, we want to make a shopping run to make sure that we have the essentials for when we come home with the babies.  What did you have to run out and buy when you got home from the hospital?  How many boxes of diapers should i have on hand?  What kinds of meds should i have on hand for me and the babies?

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We can't believe that tomorrow is november and these babies should be here in december.  It's like we're so excited but nervous about all of the changes at the same time....AHHHHHH!!!!   TIA!

Re: Suggestions for hosptial bags & other??

• Options
    oops.  that should read "hospital"...
  • Options
    Wow, we are on the same wave length this morning!  Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Look up a post, I just typed out a list of meds for you and babies.  I would get a box of newborn diapers just in case they are tiny.  We needed something even smaller at first.  You can stock up on as many wipes and bigger sized diapers that you want.

To come home, you'll need diapers and wipes, burp cloths and receiving blankets (for swaddling).

The hospital bag, think comfy clothes for you, essential toiletries and any nursing supplies you might need.  Everything for the baby, they will have there for you (bring clothes and blankets for discharge time).  GL

• Options
    I have a list of items/checklist that someone here emailed to me that I would be happy to share with you. It doesn't list medicines but it has stuff to bring with you to the hospital. post your email and I will forward it along.
  • Options
    Thanks so much.  My email is:  megkreig@hotmail.com
  • Options

copwife - will you forward it to me as well?  cmwslah @ yahoo.com

• Options

For the hospital bag, I brought a lot of stuff, but the only things I used were pjs, nursing tank, toiletries to take a shower and brush teeth etc, and a change of clothes for me and the babies to go home. I actually packed two bags, one for while I was in the hospital and one for the day we came home (outfits, etc).  You'll have to move rooms between L&D to recovery etc, and it's a pain to move too much stuff.  

For medicines, see the other post.

For diapers, we used about 18 diapers a day for the first two months or so and then it slowed down to about 12 diapers a day.  We used newborn diapers for the first several weeks.  How many diapers you need to have on hand depends on when you want to go buy more.  You'll also need wipes (I love the target brand) and butt paste.

The thing that I forgot was a bottle brush for cleaning bottles and pump parts. 

• Options
    One thing I found super-helpful in the beginning was a post-partum belly band. It helped so much in the beginning. I still look a bit pregnant, but not nearly as bad as I used to. I wore mine literally non-stop taking it off only like once a day to wash it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    IOr maybe it was called post-partum belt? I got mine at mimi-maternity
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

two things I didn't have and wish I did:

Granny undies - I was induced and really didn't consider a c/s.  Well, I had one and my bikini underwear were unbearable to wear home.  Just go to Target and get a 3 pack of panties you'd NEVER otherwise wear.  You'll be glad you have them.

Toilet paper - I guess I'm a tp snob but if ever you want the comfort of Charmin, it's then.  Just stick a roll in your bag!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"