Trouble TTC
Options

Beta hell sucks...on to methotrexate

My RE has been watching my beta levels and it seemed like everything was going down on its own.  Until today.  Last week, my beta was at 43.  Today it's at 47.  I'm going in tomorrow for an u/s and for him to administer the methotrexate.  This sucks.  I just want this to be over to we can move forward.  *sigh*  Any words of advice on the methotrexate?

Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

Re: Beta hell sucks...on to methotrexate

• Options
    No words of advice but I'm so, so sorry you are going through this.  It seems like it's been forever and I'm not you!  I'm sorry!!!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I have not had methotrexate (I had a lap for my ectopic/abnormal betas)... just wanted to send some ::HUGS::

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Loading the player...
  • Options

:: lurking from IF::

I have had MTX twice. First did not work (can happen) the second one did. Numbers came down quickly for me but the cramps are not fun. I passed a lot of clots too. Try to eat healthy and take antioxidants and it can kill all the good things in your body. I felt generally pretty crap after it, very crampy for around a week but it took 2-3 days to take hold of me. Soory you need to take it as you cannot get pregnant for 3 months after taking it as it is nastly stuff (low dose chemo)...Sad

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Options
    I'm sorry hun. :(
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Roxie.   What antioxidants do you recommend?

• Options

imagedimples128:

Royal Jelly #1, Wheat Grass or Macro Greens and there are some teas out there too that are Green Tea based. Try Whole Foods or similar if they are in your area.

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Options
    imageRoxie5739:

imagedimples128:

Royal Jelly #1, Wheat Grass or Macro Greens and there are some teas out there too that are Green Tea based. Try Whole Foods or similar if they are in your area.

Great!  Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check everything out.

• Options
    Sorry you're going through this Dimples. Take care of yourself. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Dimples, I am so sorry you are going through this.

I had 2 doses of methotrexate for my extopic, and unfortunately, I was also one that it did not work on, but don't let that scare you, the chances of it not working are around 10%. Before administering the methotrexate, your RE should be running a blood sample to check liver function because methotrexate does a number on your liver. There's no drinking, no sex and no NSAIDs or prenatals. From what I remember, I actually did not have many cramps or anything, but it did make me very tired which was a listed side effect.

Again, I am so sorry you are going through this. Take care of youself.

TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I'm so sorry you're going through this. 

I had to have two doses of it with my ectopic.  I didn't find it horrible, other than the cramping and feeling a little tired.   I do remember them saying that I needed to wait 3 months after taking it, because you don't want to chance getting pregnant again with it still in your system.

((hugs))

BabyFruit Ticker TTC #2 since March 2010. 2 LOSSES ... c/p - Dec 2010. Ectopic - March 2011. Me: 35; DH: 34 DX: DOR, egg quality issues ; DH - all normal FSH 10.1, Estradiol 21.8, AMH 0.49 IVF #1 (Oct/Nov 2011) (Antagonist with BCP's)- 5R, 0 eggs to transfer CD3 b/w by same RE 1/2012: FSH 6, AMH 1.4...wtf?? IVF #2 (Apr 2012) EPP/Antagonist with ICSI - 10R, 7M, 6 ICSI'd, 2F. 3DT = BFN AMH tested by new RE 6/2012 - 2! Saving money for IVF #3. Started a ton of supplements in May 2012 and hoping for a miracle! SURPRISE BFP!! (October 2012)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  They ran a full panel on me a couple of weeks ago so I was cleared then for the MTX.  I went in today for an u/s and the MTX.  He believes it to be ectopic, even though he cannot pinpoint it on the u/s.  All other signs point to this.  He did say we had to wait 3 months before starting back up and even then, he's going to run another panel on me to see where everything is at.  I'm going to focus on losing some weight over the next few months and just to get in better shape overall.  That will keep my mind off everything and hopefully help give us a better shot later on. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"