Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage pill? What to expect....sorry if TMI

So, we found out yesterday that our baby had stopped developing.  My dr. prescribed me with the "Misoprostal" pill to speed up this miscarriage process.  Anyone have experience with this?  I am bleeding a lot.  I've read that you should go to ER if you are soaking a pad an hour.  If I am lying down, I hardly fill the pad, but as soon as I stand up, it is soaked.  Sorry if TMI... So, how do I judge the blood loss?  Worried....
BFP: 12/04/2005 EDD: 08/21/2006 MC: 12/30/2005 at 8 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP 09/17/2011 EDD: 06/06/2011 M/C 10/21/2011 at 7 weeks BFP 01/2012 EDD: 09/27/2012 M/C at 10 weeks

Re: Miscarriage pill? What to expect....sorry if TMI

• I would suggest calling your dr to ask...

BabyFruit Ticker BFP #7 2/4/13- EDD 10/20/13
  • I went through this yesterday. I started bleeding at 6pm, but not a lot ended up on my pad. The tissue started coming out from 8p-12a and then was over. I laid down the entire time; only getting up to go to the bathroom (maybe every 20-30 min) to push out the tissue.  I lost a lot of blood while on the toilet. However, I only went through 3 pads from 6pm-6am; It was soaked in the morning. 

It sounds like you are fine, but just keep an eye on it.  I hope this passes quickly for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss.

I miscarried with the misoprostal as well. I was told the same thing going into it so I didn't know what to expect... However a good friend of mine who had a miscarriage too had told me that at one point you bleed so heavily you can actually just sit on the toilet and kinda bleed out (sorry TMI!). I actually found that to be true about 2 hours after the pill.

The bleeding started to lessen about an hour or two after that. Less when I was/am lying down, yes. 

I hope this whole thing is super speedy for you, and not too painful or uncomfortable!

Photobucket
  • Since I had a D&C, I don't have any advice, I just wanted to offer my condolances and support to you <3
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had a natural m/c, so I don't have any advice. Just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I took misoprostol at 6 weeks but had a different experience from most women.  I did have alot of cramping pain about 2 hours after taking them, but very little bleeding overall... never got even one soaked pad, and it slowed to extremely sporadic light spotting over the next few days to eventually a stop before the week was up.  When I asked my dr I was told that is some women's experience... but reading on the internet it seems my experience is not common.  (and my m/c was incomplete with miso unfortunately)

I would call your doctor if you are soaking a pad at a rate faster than one an hour, that's always been what dr's have told me in the past for surgeries and whatnot...

Good luck --- and I am so sorry :(

• Your experience sounds much like mine, and I'm so sorry that you're having it.  See if it lessons in a few hours, mine definitely did.  However, if you're concerned certainly call your Dr.  That's what they're there for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"