Working Moms
Options

Vent about coworker complaining about my pumping

I'm a Medical Technologist.  I work in large hospital clinical lab.  I work with this one crazy woman (don't we all?!).  I mean she is literally bat sh*t insane.  She spends most of her day spying on people and reporting them if she thinks that they are doing something wrong.  She keeps a log of everyone in the lab and anything that they do that is not work related (going on the internet, making a personal phone call, taking too long of a lunch break, etc.)  It's actually really creepy.  She used to send a dozen or so emails a day to our supervisor and manager but it got so bad that they told her to stop and to first address her concerns with our one lead (I feel so sorry for that woman) who will then filter out actual concerns or handle other things on her own.  I guess this is the week that I'm on her sh*t list because she complained about my pumping breaks which of course were immediately dismissed.  The thing that irks me is that my shift is 8am to 4:30pm.  Ever since I've returned from maternity I come to work between 7:30am and 7:45am and start early to compensate for one break.  I've been told that I do not need to do this but I'm a very hard worker and I feel guilty, so I do.  The second pumping break I do is during lunch.  Sometimes I'm pumping the whole time and I do not even have time to finish my lunch.  Crazy woman's shift starts at 2pm, she's rarely here exactly at 2pm, it's usually somewhere between 2:15pm and 2:30pm.  So she's only there for ONE of my pumping breaks.  I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does so I'm just venting here.  I work at a large hospital and there is a pumping room with hospital pumps that we can use.  I use the hospital pumps when they're available (sometimes there is line of moms waiting to pump) and if they're not I use my own pump which I lug to work every day.  This woman has no kids, no husband, no friends, she's a loser.  What really gets me is that a few days before her complaint, she gives me this catalog of baby clothes and toys that she's now selling on the side to make extra money.  I was going to order something from her because I felt bad for her but yesterday her catalog ended up in the circular file on the floor, haha.  Again, I know that I shouldn't be bothered by this because I'm not in trouble by any means but it actually made me cry.  I work so hard and bust my a$$ to be a good employee and mother.  I actually collapsed and was rushed to the ER for dehydration a few weeks ago because I was pumping so much and not eating enough.  I've been so proud of myself that I've made it this long exclusively pumping/BF while working FT and for a second, that b*tch took it away from me.  Thanks for reading...vent over! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent about coworker complaining about my pumping

• Options
    Someone needs to turn the tables on this woman and report her for being late all the time.  I am suprised management has not done something about that I wonder what she has on them Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesnicksnack:
    Someone needs to turn the tables on this woman and report her for being late all the time.  I am suprised management has not done something about that I wonder what she has on them Stick out tongue
    This! 

Plus, she needs to be shut down.  They told her to go to your lead.  Your lead needs to be telling her "tehse issues aren't your concern. Focus on your job, not on what other people are doing.  Oh, and by the way, be on time....."  :)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member
    imageEastCoastBride:

imagesnicksnack:
    This! 

Plus, she needs to be shut down.  They told her to go to your lead.  Your lead needs to be telling her "tehse issues aren't your concern. Focus on your job, not on what other people are doing.  Oh, and by the way, be on time....."  :)

I'm sorry she got under your skin.  Shake it off and be sure to take care of yourself first.  As a mom, you need to be a little selfish sometimes.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    HR needs to shut her down. Keeping a log on coworkers of their comings and goings, and trying to instigate trouble amounts to harassment. You don't need to answer to her. I'd make a big stink to HR about how it's creating a hostile work environment and let them handle it.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageJaylea:
    HR needs to shut her down. Keeping a log on coworkers of their comings and goings, and trying to instigate trouble amounts to harassment. You don't need to answer to her. I'd make a big stink to HR about how it's creating a hostile work environment and let them handle it.

This.  Do it NOW.

• Options

imageJaylea:

I agree with this. I know it's hard to shake it off, but try not to let her get under your skin. My co-workers created a stink too about pumping, but at the end of the day, it made them look like the "bad guys" for harassing the new breastfeeding mom who was working her hours and getting her work done.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNativeNyer:

imageJaylea:

This.  Do it NOW.

Agree with this 100% - WHY are her managers letting her get away with this???

• Options

imagekatiegal:
      This woman has no kids, no husband, no friends,  

This does not surprise me.  My guess is you got reported b/c you didn't order from her fast enough.  I wouldn't pay too much attention to her, but I would start questioning why she is still there.  They're probably afraid she'll sue them for wrongful termination if she has too much time on her hands.  But really, constant complaints and late to work every day ... why is she still there?

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    this woman needs a smack in the face. I agree with PP that someone has to report that she does not go to work on time.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Options

She's late...and apparently she's not productie if she's spending so much time watching and logging other people's happenings.  Most of the things she's reporting most sane managers would overlook.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    What is she even complaining about?  I don't know what state you are in, but isn't it already required to give you two breaks plus a lunch break for an 8.5hr shift?  So what if you are pumping on your breaks?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"