Pregnant after a Loss

What is with the Breathe-Right strips?

Lets see...about a month ago (give or take) I wrote about how I had used a Breathe-Right strip at night and when I took it off in the morning, it had "bruised" my nose.  My nose was literally purple-blue just on the top (not around the sides where the strip wraps around).  It was totally random because there wasn't any swelling and my nose wasn't physically hurt.

I continued to use the strips after my nose healed, and just ran out this weekend.  I got some more but picked up the "extra strength" kind since I've been extra stuffy.  HOLY CRAP...I cannot remove them from my nose without practically peeling a layer of skin off!  This morning was only the 2nd time trying to remove the "extra strength" strip...I had to use both hands to remove it (one hand to tug at my skin gently while the other hand slowly peeled the strip away).  In addition I'm already starting to get a red mark from where it's been placed.

Has anyone else had problems with these strips or do I just have sensitive skin?  

Re: What is with the Breathe-Right strips?

• Yes!!!  I finally stopped using them because one morning I had a bruise on my nose when I pulled it off and I was like..Wtf?! 

Ugh, my nose has been so stuffy lately I have been thinking about pulling them back out, but I hate to make myself look any worse than I already do!!  lol

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewilliams4me:

Yes!!!  I finally stopped using them because one morning I had a bruise on my nose when I pulled it off and I was like..Wtf?! 

Ugh, my nose has been so stuffy lately I have been thinking about pulling them back out, but I hate to make myself look any worse than I already do!!  lol

Yeah it's horrible!  My boss half-jokingly (half-seriously) asked me if I'd tell her if something was wrong because of the way my nose looked that one time.  I had to demonstrate how I could tap the area with my fingers and it didn't hurt one bit. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagePetraStonegirl:

I absolutely use the sensitive skin ones. Extra strength refers to the glue they use and how much/long it sticks to your skin, not how it relates to how stuffy you are.

A couple of points:

- the glue on the sensitive skin ones partially dissolve overnight with your skin oil. It leaves a sticky residue when you remove the strip, but it washes off when you wash your face and is so much better than ripping skin off.

-bruising on the bridge of your nose is due to too much pressure being applied to the bridge of your nose. When you apply the strip, instead of placing on the bridge of your nose and folding down onto the side of your nose, flex the strip in your fingers first and then set down over your nose.

-if you have crazy oily skin on your nose, you may have to use the extra strength ones, but if you find that they aren't loose by morning, soak them off in the shower. Once skin it torn by delamination, it takes a long time to heal. Never pull off the strips if the glue isn't loose.

Hey! Thanks for those tips!  I usually wipe my face with a wash cloth after taking the strip off, but I've never thought about "soaking" my face to get it off instead.  I will give that a try tomorrow morning!  

Also - I don't have really oily skin but it makes sense that they make the extra strength ones for that type of skin.  I guess I was thinking about how badly I want to breathe at night LOL.  I'm claiming false advertising ;o)  j/k 

• I've only used them a few times when I've had a cold, but I always have a hard time getting them off my nose.  Plus my nose is sticky and gooey every time I take them off, I hate it (though they do seem to work well).  They have never left a mark or bruise though.  DH uses them a lot as well and has never had any problems.  Could you be having an allergic reaction or sticking them on too hard?  
  • imageRedRose84:
    I've only used them a few times when I've had a cold, but I always have a hard time getting them off my nose.  Plus my nose is sticky and gooey every time I take them off, I hate it (though they do seem to work well).  They have never left a mark or bruise though.  DH uses them a lot as well and has never had any problems.  Could you be having an allergic reaction or sticking them on too hard?  

I don't think I'm allergic to latex, but tonight I was sure to put it on and just gently push down on the sides and not even touch the middle part.  Now if I soak it to remove it in the morning and still have a problem, I may have to switch to something else.  We'll see (FX). 

• imagexoladiebug:

imageRedRose84:
    I've only used them a few times when I've had a cold, but I always have a hard time getting them off my nose.  Plus my nose is sticky and gooey every time I take them off, I hate it (though they do seem to work well).  They have never left a mark or bruise though.  DH uses them a lot as well and has never had any problems.  Could you be having an allergic reaction or sticking them on too hard?  

I don't think I'm allergic to latex, but tonight I was sure to put it on and just gently push down on the sides and not even touch the middle part.  Now if I soak it to remove it in the morning and still have a problem, I may have to switch to something else.  We'll see (FX). 

GL.

If plain water wont loosen it you could try an oil. I have Palmers oil ('cause I love it) but I am sure you could use baby oil or even olive oil. Should work.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• They fall off of me and my son during the night???  So the extreme opposite problem I guess.
    14yr old DD, 9yr old DS. BFP Oct 30, missed M/C at 9weeks November 27/11 Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"