School-Aged Children

tell me about your waldorf and montessori experiences

We are looking into something besides public school for our LO. She's young, but we will need to move either way - our public schools are in the bottom 10% of the state and there aren't any private schools or other alternatives close enough to drive.

We are going to visit a montessori school and a waldorf school, but would love your insight into the pros/cons of each.

TIA! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: tell me about your waldorf and montessori experiences

• The kids I nanny for attend(ed) a Montessori school (the older one moved on to public in first grade). It's a very rigid school. They have everything organized in a permanent place in the classroom. The day is extremely structured. Their food choices are (IMO, absurdly) limited to the most healthy foods.

This type of set-up is good for some kids and horrible for others. It just depends if your kid needs a lot of structure or if they need more freedom. But Montessori is very rigid in their approach.

The teachers actually need to have special certifications to teach in Montessori schools, in addition to their regular teaching license.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"