Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Yup, BFF is pregnant

So soon after I found out I was pregnant my best friend and her husband decided to start trying too since we really wanted to be pregnant at the same time. Well after one time, she is pregnant and just found out yesterday and told me tonight.

I totally had a feeling she was. Of course I could tell she felt weird about telling me and is trying to not sound too excited. I know I should be super excited for her, and technically I am, but at the same time it feels like a stab in the heart.

The whole time I was on the phone with her I put on my fake happy voice and asked all kinds of questions to sound interested, but inside my heart was just breaking. As soon as I got off the phone, I just completely broke down. I feel silly that it hurts so much, but it does.

This just sucks, really effing sucks.

Re: Yup, BFF is pregnant

• You're only human hon, its normal to feel like this :) Hang in there and have faith you won't be far behind her with your little miracle :)
  • I am going through the same thing...I totally broke down as well...you feel jealous, sad and frustrated because that was suppose to be you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry that happened.  I would feel exactly the same way.  I have a hard time acting happy for the women who are pregnant around me and it feels like my heart is being ripped out.  (((hugs)))
  • I feel your pain. We had been trying for a year, and my bff had gotten married last November and was pregnant in May. I finally got pregnant in August and miscarried in early September. Now I'm helping with her baby shower tomorrow. Plus my sister-in-law is pregnant and they weren't supposedly trying either and she still says she's not even ready for a baby. It is so frustrating to know how badly you want a baby yet it seems that everyone else around you is doing the things you thought you would be doing. I am so sorry :(
  • that is so hard, especially since she's close to you and in your life - ouch :(

and as much as you can tell yourself that it's not her baby you want it's your own, sometimes it just doesn't make you feel any better! 

I know I posted this earlier, but it relates to what you're going through !

this summer at lunch - a friend of my announced that she was going to get pregnant the following month because "I'm so fertile and I can"

sure enough- she's pregnant now ! and I'm not :(

feel your pain - I'm sorry !

• im in the same situation. My friend and I were going to start trying around the same time. I got pregnant first but had a miscarriage at 7 weeks and she just found out tonight that shes pregnant. I am very happy for her but at the same time it just feels so unfair, i was pregnant too and now im not.

It sucks and i feel really bad for feeling jealous

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"