Adoption
Options

IL Adoption Agencies

Anyone from IL or use an IL-based adoption agency?  If so, would you mind sharing your experience - positive and negative? 

I've been looking for reviews online.... There is so much information out there.  It's a lot to absorb.  We're in the very beginning stages of looking for an agency... and the adoption process.

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C

Re: IL Adoption Agencies

• Options

I'm in IL, too!  We have just decided on an agency.  After a ton of research, we've decided to work with Adoption Center for Family Building.  Mainly for these reasons: They are very personal and offer lots of one-on-one support, more babies than waiting families (minority program for sure, but they seem to have shorter wait times for caucasian babies, too), low fees and accepting of all "flavors" of adopting couples/singletons.  What does terrify us is that they have a number of "variable expenses" (ie. birthmom expenses)...but this is a financial risk we are willing to make.  I spoke with a few families who have adopted from them -- they all speak very highly of the women who run the agency and have had wonderful experiences. I'd love more feedback if anyone has any experience with them -- we submit our application tomorrow!

We also looked in to Family Resource Center  (loved them but fees too high for us) and The Cradle (waitlist too long) and St. Mary's (long waiting times; few adoptions per year).  I hope this helps a little!  It's a hard decision!

• Options
    I think we've got it narrowed down to The Cradle, Catholic Charities of Lake County, Adoption Center for Family Building, or Lutheran Family Services.

Not sure if/how we'll make our final decision, though, since we're still pursuing IF treatments.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks... I'll definitely check those agencies out.

Have you (or anyone else) ever heard of Bethany Christian Services or Illini Christian Ministries?  I grabbed pamphlets from them recently at an adoption/foster care seminar.

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • Options

We're a 2-time Cradle family ( though IA, so they didn't match us). We needed a secular agency with the appropriate Korea program.

• Options
    Yes! Our neighbors adopted thru Bethany.  They had a great experience and highly recommend them.
  • Options
    The Cradle is the gold standard in IL. I wouldn't go through anyone else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"