Help a traveller plan a vacay to Oregon? — The Bump
Oregon Babies

Help a traveller plan a vacay to Oregon?

We're planning a trip to stay at a beach house on the Oregon Coast - we're from Canada.

We plan to do a day trip to a city for some "american" shopping - meaning I want to go to Target as we don't have them in Canada, and find outlet stores. If we're venturing into the city only for a shopping day, would you recommend Portland or Lincoln City - I was planning on going to Portland but it looks like all the good outlet stores are in Lincoln City.

Also, any recommendations of things to do? We're trying to decide exactly where to stay along the coast..looking at Gleneden beach, newport beach, cannon beach, oceanside...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help a traveller plan a vacay to Oregon?

• Lincoln City is a great place to stay on the coast. You have the Tanger outlet stores and then about two hours to the east is the Woodburn outLet mall. You have washington Square mall in beaverton/tigard and all the other portland malls. washington square has a target next door. newport  has the aquarium. you can whale watch in depot bay and they have shopping also. there is lots to do
  • imagemessfam07:
    Lincoln City is a great place to stay on the coast. You have the Tanger outlet stores and then about two hours to the east is the Woodburn outLet mall. You have washington Square mall in beaverton/tigard and all the other portland malls. washington square has a target next door. newport  has the aquarium. you can whale watch in depot bay and they have shopping also. there is lots to do

That is exactly the places I was going to recommend. Have fun! 

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • As a local portland brat, and having spent time in Lincoln city, I personally would rather shop in Portland. You have the Washington Square mall in Tigard, but you also have all over down town portland, including THAT mall, AND you have the Lloyd Center mall too. Lot less car traveling and you can ride the max line to save on parking and what not. 

And we are just entering our better months for weather, so right now there is little rain, but it is still chilly outside. Not something I would want to be walking around in closer to the ocean with all the spray and rain storms. Just something to keep in mind!

• imageDemonSeedling90:

As a local portland brat, and having spent time in Lincoln city, I personally would rather shop in Portland. You have the Washington Square mall in Tigard, but you also have all over down town portland, including THAT mall, AND you have the Lloyd Center mall too. Lot less car traveling and you can ride the max line to save on parking and what not. 

And we are just entering our better months for weather, so right now there is little rain, but it is still chilly outside. Not something I would want to be walking around in closer to the ocean with all the spray and rain storms. Just something to keep in mind!

Ditto!  Plus the outlets don't always have great prices.  If you come to Portland, I would hit the Woodburn outlets.  I think they have the best selection there. Portland is way more fun for shopping than Lincoln City!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Portland for sure is way better.  but it just depends on what  you like, If you do end up staying in the portland area, Check out the Phoenix Inn and Suites Tigard. They are located right next to the mall. they sometimes have a package where if you book through the website you get a gift card. https://www.phoenixinn.com/  And click tigard.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards