Adoption
Options

IRS requesting more info...?

Today I only got about 10% of our expected refund back from the IRS.  I checked on the status at irs.gov, and it said they're sending us a letter requesting more info to process our return.  

Anyone get a letter from the IRS? What did they want?

We already received our full state refund. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IRS requesting more info...?

• Options
    No direct experience but I know from online groups that this is almost the "norm".  You may want to check with one of the Yahoogroups for recommendations (like AARD or Adoption_agencey_research_domestic).
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Based on my experience (received refund based on failed adoption expenses), you will need to re-send everything you sent with your original tax filing (homestudy, adoption decree, etc.) as well as receipts and copies of cashed checks (front and back), bank or credit card statements and ANY other supporting info you have. You may want to start ordering the statements and check copies now, if you don't already have them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDragonfly_Bride:
    Based on my experience (received refund based on failed adoption expenses), you will need to re-send everything you sent with your original tax filing (homestudy, adoption decree, etc.) as well as receipts and copies of cashed checks (front and back), bank or credit card statements and ANY other supporting info you have. You may want to start ordering the statements and check copies now, if you don't already have them.

Oh geesh, thanks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"