2nd Trimester

Heart Beating "Hard" At Night?

Does anyone else have a "hard" heartbeat when lying down? I'm on my left side and I can feel my heartbeat in my chest - it feels like its going to beat its way out! It's not too fast (91bpm) but it's just slamming against my chest. My BP is great: 116/63 so it's not that either. Anyone else have this?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Heart Beating "Hard" At Night?

• Mine has not been at night, but I have had a few random bouts of what you're describing.  They seem to last for less than 30 seconds.  I'm guessing it's coincidental but I have a similar blood pressure.
    BFP #1: 2/14/11. EDD: 10/20/11. Missed m/c discovered in April at 12 weeks, d&c. BFP #2: 12/27/11. EDD: 9/9/2012.
  • ive noticed this too, mostly at night, but it probably happens during the day but im moving around and dont notice it. I think it just has to do with the demands baby is putting on your body, and makes everything work a little bit harder. I would only be concerned if it persists for a long time, or its tied with other symptoms like shortness of breath, then talk to your doctor.,, but maybe mention it to your doc and hear what they think anyway.
    ~?~ Chellezy ~?~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This happens to me also.  I wake up throughout the night hearing/feeling it sometimes too.  I think it's normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it during my last pregnancy. It made it soo hard to sleep. I was told it was normal, just annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like heart palpatations. I have the same thing once in a while. I had it this morning when I first woke up and got out of bed. I was thinking of mentioning it to the midwife on my next appointment. I do not think it is anything, but just in case.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get the exact same thing.  For me, it's like I can hear and feel my heartbeat when I am laying down in bed.  It doesn't matter if I am on my back or on my side.  I talked with my doctor about it and she told me it was due to the increase of blood that my body was pumping and that it was a completely normal side affect of pregnancy.  Normal but irritating if you ask me...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Yep, I can even feel it in my belly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Those are heart palpitations, and mostly are normal and due to pregnancy.  I've been having them for a while now, they come and go all day long.  I told my DR about it and he said it's normal especially with all the extra blood being pumped through your body.  As long as you aren't dizzy, and fainting there shouldn't be any issues. I would still mention it to your own DR though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My blood pressure is also always normal but I've experienced the same thing at random times.  I've had my husband, who is an EMT, check my pulse and it's beating at a normal rate, but I just feel like it's beating harder than normal..Like I'm more aware of my heartbeat than usual. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"