High-Risk Pregnancy

mommies with GD

hello, i'm new to this stuff and i know they say no milk in the mornings, but i usually have some milk in my coffee, do you think/know if creamer would have the same affect on my sugar levels??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: mommies with GD

• I had problems when I was pregnant with DS with regular creamer.  Then I realized there are sugar free options available and since I have switched to sugar free creamer, I haven't had a problem.
  • I use the regular coffee mate and it doesn't affect my numbers. I am also conscious of how much I am putting in there! Have one less bite of toast ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I am allowed to have 30 grams of carbs for breakfast, but was told that I should be devoting 15 of those to having a glass of milk.  My endo wants me to make sure I am getting enough calcium naturally.  If yours told you no milk at breakfast (mine says no fruit at breakfast), then I would go with that though.  I think a splash of milk in your coffee probably won't affect your sugars, though.  I also second the sugar free creamer idea, though.  That doesn't mess me up at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Try almond unsweetened milk. One carb and no sugars, and it doesn't taste that bad.
  • I use half and half, I think it is like 1g carbs for 2 tablespoons.
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmm, I actually drink a glass of milk every morning (mine told me no cereal in the mornings). I'm surprised they told you no milk, so I don't think a little milk in your coffee will hurt anything. Try it out and if it causes problems you can always adjust.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"