Toddlers: 24 Months+

how much time does your lo spend active?

posted on 12-24 as well, just wondering if anyone else experienced more seated time after 2 years old.

during the day? walking, running, climbing, etc.

When my lo first started walking it was eat, sleep, walk. Aways walking during most of his awake time.

Now he seems to have some intense bursts of energy where he wants to get his wiggles out and then he will be happy to sit and play while sitting for AGES. Like when we go to the park, he always goes to the sandbox and will sit there for ages playing with kids and digging.

I am just concerned because he was recently quite constipated and I read that can cause low energy. He just seems to go through bouts of tons of energy and mellow/quiet time.

Re: how much time does your lo spend active?

• I'd say Tegan definitely has spurts of energy and then longer periods of attention. She LOVES books and can sit with me for a solid 30-45 minutes while I read book after book (I get bored/tired long before she does, lol!) and she'll also be playing pretty hard and then suddenly sit and request a quieter activity like a puzzle or a TV show. Like us, I think kids find patterns within their day and activities that they enjoy. Your son probably really enjoys playing in the sand box and that's the thing that he gets to do at the park that he doesn't get to do at home. I think everything you've described is very normal for some toddlers. Of course, there are other toddlers who still go, go, go all the time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is pretty much non stop from the moment she wakes up until the moment she goes to sleep.  She will sit and play with her doll house or read or color for about 15 min at a time a couple times throughout the day, but otherwise she is dancing, running, walking around all day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"