Stay at Home Moms

Fashionistas - help me

I am going to an evening, outdoors wedding in Arizona this weekend and wearing this:

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=69884&vid=1&pid=450172

I need something to wear over it perhaps as it cools off at night. I have a short sleeved brown sweater but I don't love it.

And then I have this little thing lying around (given to me at Christmas, and I have never worn it), https://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Shoes-&-Accessories/LOFT-View-All-Accessories/Crinkle-Stripe-Scarf/275979?colorExplode=false&skuId=10570111&catid=catl000025&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=1072

Could I wear it with this dress?

I'm wearing a shoe like this but lighter in color and not as much contrast on the platform part.  The dress is almost to the floor though, so the shoe barely shows.

https://www.ninewest.com/Matchup/9345658,default,pd.html?variantSizeClass=&variantColor=JJC48LE&cgid=8346257&prefn1=catalog-id&prefv1=ninewest-catalog

Thoughts on that scarf?  And any tutorial is welcomed.  I have no idea how to sport a scarf like this. 

Re: Fashionistas - help me

• I'm looking at scarf pics. I wasn't really meaning around my neck as a scarf.  I guess I meant more as a shawl.

Good god, I have no idea what I am doing in this department.

DH had a good point - that if I can't figure it out 2 nights before, I may not be able to don it with confidence. hmmm.

Plus I don't really love the scarf...

maybe never mind on this whole thing...funny, that seems to be the theme of the evening for me! 

• is the dress black?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not a fan of the scarf - I would go for something solid in a cream or grey/silver color.

Personally, for a night time wedding I would wear a dressier shoe, maybe a strappy sandal

I like the dress a lot, I am a big fan of navy

ETA - I get what you mean about using the scarf like a pashmina.  You can get inexpensive ones at Target

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I like the scarf and you could easily use it with that dress.  I would just drape it so that the ends flow down your back.  Do not wear the brown, short sleeve sweater.  I don't, however, like the shoes, at all.  Do you have any other options for shoes?  Something that could pull out one of the colors in the scarf, maybe, or a cool-tone metallic?  If not, maybe you could borrow a pair from someone?

I used to do this sort of thing for a living, before SAHM life, so feel free to PM me if you want.

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • imageeaglesfan700:

I am not a fan of the scarf - I would go for something solid in a cream or grey/silver color.

Personally, for a night time wedding I would wear a dressier shoe, maybe a strappy sandal

I like the dress a lot, I am a big fan of navy

ETA - I get what you mean about using the scarf like a pashmina.  You can get inexpensuve ones at Target

aaaah ok, navy makes so much more sense!

Let me just say it's a joke that I even clicked on this becuase I am no fashionista, but I agree with eaglesfan. The shoes and scarf seem too casual to me. The dress is fantastic and you don't want to dress it down.  I'm a big fan of metallics but it may be too dressy for the venue, idk? Gold and silver both look great with navy- so like a gold strappy sandal and a shimmery gold/beige scarf?

I can't find what I'm picturing, but this is a good look for an evening wedding

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm no help, but just wanted to say that I love the dress!  I looked at it and thought that it'd be great for an evening wedding that I have to go to, and then I read that it was 61" long.  That's as tall as me.  Guess that one is out.  :-P
  • Thanks for the advice. The dress is navy. I don't think the shoe link was a good one. It was the first one I found with the same shape. Other than that, it looks nothing like the pair I have. They are tall, peep toe, neutral/nude color. I've ditched the scarf. My flight leaves in 12 hrs. Soooo, I think I will just plan to be cold. But I welcome more input just for future reference...
  • Pashmina. New word for me. And I lol at the airport, but that is a mighty fine idea!
  • For weddings specifically, I like to have either an ivory or black pashmina.  They go with almost any kind of wedding outfit.  In this case, because your shoe is tan/nude and the dress is navy, I'd probably see if I could find an ivory (not white) pashmina.  You'll have it forever and use it in future situations like this and then when you're old and cold all the time.  LOL.

I don't think the scarf goes with the dress, it is sort of whimsical and the dress is not.  

I love the dress and shoes, btw.  :)  

Hope you have a great time.   

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesusanmosley:
    Pashmina. New word for me. And I lol at the airport, but that is a mighty fine idea!

It is just a wider scarf, perfect for draping over your shoulders if you are cold. ;) I have a billion of them, they really come in handy because I am one of those people that are always cold. You should pick one up if they have them at the airport you will use it a lot.  

ETA: that is a beautiful dress!  

• i need pictures
  • Ooh here is a pretty silver one...

• I'd get wool or synthetic - you'll get more use out of it and you don't seem like a shimmery/metallic fabric type of person.  Also, once you're in AZ you could easily swing into a JCPenney, Macys, Nordstrom or whatever and get one in their accessories dept.   

I'm looking for links... 

• I am not finding any decent links but if you walk into any regular dept store or possibly even Target, they almost always have wool or synthetic wraps in their accessories dept.  They usually have a little fringe on them.  If you have time, I think it would be ideal but this isn't exactly urgent right.  ;)  

GL and have fun! 

• I'm totally going to get one. How great. Thanks, guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"