Pregnant after 35
Options

NT Results Today

Baby was too small last week for the nt measurement to officially count so they did the blood work and had us come back today. He/she had doubled in size! Amazing. After much poking and prodding of our little guy/gal they finally got the measurements they needed.

We had beeen told that they would give us the results today since we had the blood work last week. But they told us the dr was not in and would call us later today to give the results. By 1:00 I had not heard a thing. I decided if I didnt hear by 3pm I was calling them. No news and I was starting to have major anxiety! When I called they told me "what happens is the results are given to the genetic counselor and she will call you with the results tomorrow" . Seriously? I have waited so patiently, not worrying for a whole week knowing today I would have the results and now you tell me I have to wait until tomorrow. I decided to call the genetic counselor directly. She had given us her card last week and was very nice. I think I probably sound like a crazy lady in my message to her. Pleading with her to call me today.

She called me shortly after that and told me everything was normal! Woohoo! Normal! Wait, how normal is normal. I need numbers, So she told me that before testing, based on age alone (37 years) the Downs Syndrome risk was 1/172. After the testing it is now 1/1253. Before testing the risk for Trisomy 13 & 18 based on age alone was 1/309. After testing 1/6688.

What a relief. We are happy with the results and don't feel we want to do any further testing. We are ready to share our happy news with everyone! No more secret to keep! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NT Results Today

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"