June 2011 Moms

Have you started textures and meats yet?

Savannah is doing well with Stage 2's and a few table foods.  I can't remember from the first time around when to start meats and more textured foods.  She only has the bottom 2 teeth poking through. Just wondered how ya'll are doing with the other foods and if you have added meats.  Savannah is doing cereal, just about all stage 2 fruits and veggies.  I just haven't added the meat in yet. When is the right time?

Re: Have you started textures and meats yet?

• I few like Sophia has been eating meats and "table food" forever.  Let Savannah try some shredded chicken...the worst that could happen is she gags on it and doesn't eat it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started with meats a few weeks ago - probably around 7 1/2 months, he is now 9 months old. C has his two bottom teeth too, he loves roast chicken just torn or shredded off the bone and he'll have mince meat balls and spag bol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Meat was the first food N had.  I made him a steak :)
  • We have two half teeth :) but we are already moving on to stage 3. It all depends on your LO. We could tell we were ready to move on because she was eating more than just pur?es! She loves them :)
  • I don't think the teeth really matter.my lo has been doing meat for about a month now and does well with it. And just got her first tooth sat.  I cooked a chicken breast and then out it in the food chopper to finely shred it. She loves it with squash or mixed veggies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have pur?ed chicken with some veggies. My pedi said to start meat around 7 months. But he hates it! I think it's the texture.
  • I mix finely shredded chicken with applesauce or sweet potato. She loves it. 
  • Lily has been eating meat for awhile. She only has two bottom teeth through also. She's had beef and chicken. I just shred it and she hasn't had any problems with it.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz
  • Collin eats Stage 3 jarred foods and some table foods (veggies, pastas, breads) but I've been afraid to give him meats. I don't know why but I guess I should start! Maybe this weekend :)
  • We do everything - shredded chicken, fish, ground turkey and beef, veggies, rice, lentils, etc. Avery likes that stuff better than purees now!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagegymnst1013:
    Meat was the first food N had.  I made him a steak :)
    Haha love this!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think you could have started meats a little while ago because I know DS GI Dr. had us wait for meats because of his allergies and he let us start them this week and DS is almost 9 months.  We also got the OK to start textures, honestly I was planning on starting them anyway, with or without the Ok as DS has been eating some table foods and mum mums easily.

My understanding is textures are typically started 9-10 months, but I think it all depends on the baby as well.

ETA: A sidenote, the GI dr. told us to do the stage 1 meats because he wanted to be sure of what proteins he is getting, and just a warning do not drop down and use the Stage 1 meats because they smell and look like cat food! 

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • My pedi said at our 6 1/2 month visit to go ahead and start meats.  DS has had pureed chicken and turkey--he loves both, and they mix well with just about every veggie puree. They are a little bit grainy when pureed, frozen, and defrosted, so it's a bit chunky and textured.  I haven't given him shredded meat yet.
  • Thanks ladies!!
  • We added pureed meats at 6 months, and he has had bits of chicken here and there when we eat it. I tried meatballs, but he just isn't interested.
  • My doctor said the only thing off limits was honey, so we've been messing with meats for awhile now.  

He doesn't care for shredded chicken, loves steak and meatballs, and will gnaw on pork chop strips but doesn't really get much down.

I think the idea of pureed meats is gross, but I have given him a few "Training Meals" from Plum Baby and he loves them.   It's pretty chunky, so it doesn't "gag" me as bad.  I haven't done any full meat purees.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"