June 2012 Moms
Options

Any one else read this??

https://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/28/10520642-sweet-photo-of-dad-feeding-baby-turns-controversial

(I hope it's clicky - with my mac the preview button doesn't show me a preview)

First - I am determined to breastfeed. I am fully aware that it may not happen due to a lot of factors but I'm completely determined to try until it becomes apparent that it will never happen.

Second - No where on that ad does it say that baby is being FORMULA fed. How do we know that there isn't breastmilk in that bottle??

Seriously, this is redonkulous. Am I hormonal or is this the silliest thing to get peeved off at?? I understand that it's an ad for breastmilk for a healthy baby and so on, but does no one in New Zealand pump so dad can bond with baby too?? Cuz that's what I plan on doing to allow my husband to bond with his son. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any one else read this??

• Options

That was my first thought too: how do you know it isn't breast milk in the bottle?

And my second thought: shouldn't a father bond with his child as well?

I hear you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree with you. Totally redonk. The ONLY reason I registered for a pump is so I could pump and allow my husband to bottle feed. We both think it's important for him to have that bonding time with the babies.

That article made me go Hmm.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow this just blows my mind. I can't believe how far they took that whole thing out of context. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

It's ridiculous because it's like a no win situation. People get a stick up their butt because a women is BF'ing in public, but when a father feeds his daughter..... God Forbid. It is ridiculous.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

My favorite line in the article:

"Click on that link only if you have the stomach to see something as alien, evil and corrupt as A FATHER FEEDING HIS CHILD. I hope you can fight off the urge to wail uncontrollably and smash any furniture within reach."

Hahahaha Stick out tongue

image image image image image image image image
  • Options
    Oh, yeah. I heard about the LLL getting on a dad's case for feeding his baby. The whole reason we are getting me a breast pump even though I will be home 24/7 is because I want DH to be able to feed DD. This is ridiculous to me. Ughh. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKrissyMiss:

That was my first thought too: how do you know it isn't breast milk in the bottle?

And my second thought: shouldn't a father bond with his child as well?

I hear you.

I just said to DH that the article does not say if that is breast milk or formula... so who do these groups think they are to give this guy a hard time!!  A father should be allowed to bond with his child... UGH this is so stupid!!  There are so many other things to worry about out there, and they are complaining about this! 

Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"