Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Rec your play kitchen

I'm looking to get DS a play kitchen for his birthday. I'm looking for one in the $100 range. Anyone really love yours?
imageimage
BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!

Re: Rec your play kitchen

• I got V the Kid Kraft "vintage" one from Walmart's site around Christmas bc it was only $115.

She really likes it and so do I! This is what it looks like:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageOctoberBabyH:

I got V the Kid Kraft "vintage" one from Walmart's site around Christmas bc it was only $115.

I was just going to tell you that we have this same one for DS (except in red) and its just meh.  My niece has a cheap walmart one and it makes sounds, has pans that fit it, makes more sounds. In my opinion its just cooler. This one doesn't really "do" anything except look a little hipper.  He still seems to like it but he likes hers better.

AnniversaryPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Look on Craigslist! There are tons of them on there.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imageitkatydid:
    imageOctoberBabyH:

I got V the Kid Kraft "vintage" one from Walmart's site around Christmas bc it was only $115.

I was just going to tell you that we have this same one for DS (except in red) and its just meh.  My niece has a cheap walmart one and it makes sounds, has pans that fit it, makes more sounds. In my opinion its just cooler. This one doesn't really "do" anything except look a little hipper.  He still seems to like it but he likes hers better.

I didn't even know they made play kitchens with bells and whistles. I totally got this bc of how it looks. I got her pots and pans from Ikea. She mostly hides her toys and stacks her books in the fridge, microwave and oven. :P

• C has the step 2 welcome home kitchen. Loves it. Since we have warm wood tones around the house, it works in both the living room and his pale blue bedroom.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I really like the Kidkraft Deluxe Kitchen we got for DS.  It's a little more expensive but I like that it was bigger than the vintage one.  It can be used by more than one kid and it won't be outgrown for a long time.  I also like that there's tons of storage space and it's really deep.  You don't have to worry about any dishes not fitting.

ETA: I'm sure every kid is different, but DS would not have been into the big wood kitchen at 1 year old.  We gave it to him for Christmas when he was 18 months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have that Kid Kraft Vintage one as well. I am a big fan.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • We have the red vintage one as well. I love it except for one thing: we got DS some Melissa & Doug play foods (apple pie, cookies) and they are too wide for the oven. I wish it was a bit bigger to accommodate those toys, but otherwise it's great! 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have an old version of this one by TreeHaus

https://tinyurl.com/playkitchenTreehaus

It is the most basic basic but if you are hoping to encourage imagination play, that is actually better.  The best part is we got it at a second hand store for $12!!!

Seriously- check second hand stores before you buy anything.  You can get a super high quality wood one for so much less money.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a Step2 kitchen.  It is on the smaller size and wasn't very expensive. 

DS really likes it!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-Lifestyle-Fresh-Accents-Kitchen/14698127

• hmp1hmp1 member
    We have the red vintage one too, from Amazon.  DS plays with it everyday.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"