September 2012 Moms

Paranoid... (living situation vent)

I hate apartment living especially in older buildings. I'm constantly scared that something will happen whether it's a break in, loud neighbors, mold and fire. I'm always afraid of electrical fires because of old wiring. Scares me to bring our baby into this craziness

And today....a building across the parking lot from my build caught on fire (4 alarm fire) and took out 12 apartments, damaging 24 nearby. Apparently it was due to a grill on the back deck but their homes are gone. I couldn't imagine coming home to see everything gone. Thankfully no one was injured.

14 more months in the lease.... :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Paranoid... (living situation vent)

• I understand how you feel. I don't necessarily feel "unsafe" here, but it does suck to be in an apartment with all of those possibilities. I have 13 months left, so I get it, too!

And that is really scary about the fire and everything... I can't imagine either. But like you said, at least nobody was hurt.

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I've been there. If you don't already have it, invest in renters insurance. It's super cheap and it will set your mind at ease (at least a little).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This. Most people don't realize how cheap it is either. I had it for my college apartment and it was only like 9 dollars a month for the best policy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemacy42:
    I've been there. If you don't already have it, invest in renters insurance. It's super cheap and it will set your mind at ease (at least a little).

Agreed. I work for an insurance company and if you go through the company you have auto insurance with, you may receive a discount for having autos and renters with them (my company does them) and sometimes, it completely offsets the cost and may even save you more money in the long run. Generally, when I quote a renter's policy, I do coverage for $16,000 in contents. Think of all the valuables you have (TVs, DVD players, computers, cameras, etc.) and if you think it'd go over $16,000, go higher.

Best of luck! :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC Baby #2 - BFP on 12/14/11 @ 10DPO - CP confirmed 12/18/11
    BFP #2 on 1/13/12
  • Renters insurance is a must and dirt cheap!

Honestly though, being a homeowner is just as stressful. Except when something goes wrong you have to pay for it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"