Infertility

FET Success Story (Article about 3 sisters)...

Thought the IVF & FET ladies might like this article! It's about 3 sisters born 4 years apart with frozen embryo's. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2107907/Triplet-sisters-born-years-apart-finally-united-following-IVF-treatment.html

Re: FET Success Story (Article about 3 sisters)...

• That's sweet!

For some reason though, it bugs me that they refer to them as triplets because they were conceived at the same time. To me they are not triplets. They are genetically no different that plain old sisters.

Not sure why it bugs me, just one of those weird things. How do you all feel about referring to embryos fertilized at the same time but born at different times, twins or triplets? Gives new meaning to Octomom. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imageMelleTX:

That's sweet!

For some reason though, it bugs me that they refer to them as triplets because they were conceived at the same time. To me they are not triplets. They are genetically no different that plain old sisters.

Not sure why it bugs me, just one of those weird things. How do you all feel about referring to embryos fertilized at the same time but born at different times, twins or triplets? Gives new meaning to Octomom. 

I thought their story was very inspiring for the most part but I was wondering why the reference to "triplet sisters" as well?!  I would have to agree that they are sisters and not triplets.  It's possible whoever wrote this article did not understand a lot about FET's.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemarieinmonaco:
    imageMelleTX:

That's sweet!

Ditto, thanks PP's for saying this. They all came from the same "batch" but not tiplets in my book. A very sweet story!

I thought their story was very inspiring for the most part but I was wondering why the reference to "triplet sisters" as well?!  I would have to agree that they are sisters and not triplets.  It's possible whoever wrote this article did not understand a lot about FET's.

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• i was thinking the exact same thing about the triplets, but it was a sweet story.  thanks for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree, triplets isn't that I'd say.  Even though it was at the same time.  I want to help big sister hold the one, its neck looks painful!  That is a sweet story though :)
    TTC Babypants with low motility and low morphology since 6/2010.

Trials & Adventures in Baby Making

Stuck in counting limbo.

SAIF always welcome!!

Fortune from UnderwaterRhymes: A new outlook brightens your image and brings new friends.

imageimage

• I agree that they are not triplets, just sisters.  I've seen this before in articles and I think they say that to add some sensationalism.  And BTW, I love that the article says she "fell pregnant".  That sounds so odd to me!
    IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Strange they are being called triplets. I do appreicate the FET success story though.  I am combing the internet for them!!!  Thanks for sharing.

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"