June 2011 Moms

If you're an amber necklace skeptic

Listen here.

I was the biggest skeptic of these necklaces there was.  I jokingly called them VooDoo necklaces (still do, as a joke).  I thought they were some sort of weird hippie thing, but for those who wanted to use them, more power to 'em.

After two weeks of up all night, I became desperate.  I was sick of pumping Motrin into my baby and sick of not sleeping.

I ordered a hippie VooDoo necklace.

We received it in the mail on Monday and I immediately put it on.  I thought it looked so cute on DD that I didn't care if it didn't work, lol.  I was excited at the thought of her feeling better and tried to keep an open mind.  I keep it on her 24/7, wrapping it around her ankle at night.

Well, friends, I have TWO nights of 8 straight FREAKIN' hours of sleep under my belt.  No Ibuprofen, no Orajel, no waking up shrieking in the middle of the night, and no more dark circles under my eyes.  I feel like super woman.

So go, my sleep-deprived mommas.  Go get a hippie VooDoo necklace and enjoy the bliss of well-restedness while I completely eat my words.

The end.

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: If you're an amber necklace skeptic

• I ordered my on Saturday or something like that! My DH thinks the same as you! I plan on keeping it on her all the time also!
    ~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So glad it's working for you!
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Which one did you order? You have inspired me to give it a try.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I call them his "hippie beads." They do seem to help him though, so I keep them on him too. :)

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • I'm pretty sure ours work too ;) Or we just have a not so bad teether. She was just working on 3 teeth and really wasn't bad. Now one is up and we still have 2 trying to break and she's fine.
  • it's posts like this that require a LIKE button Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost my amber necklace a few weeks ago and I'm SO not happy about it. Time to hit up Hazelaid, again!
  • imagepregarella:
    Which one did you order? You have inspired me to give it a try.

I'm thinking about this too.... 

• I ordered mine this weekend and can't wait for it to get here! I am very skeptical but at this point I am ready to try everything!
  • imageMrsEmilyS:

imagepregarella:
    Which one did you order? You have inspired me to give it a try.

I'm thinking about this too.... 

I ordered from Inspired By Finn.  I got the Polished Sunshine one.  I did a lot of research and read that the lighter the bead color, the more effective it is, so go with the lighter beads!  I got the 10"-11" size and it is perfect for DD.  I didn't want it to be too long because I didn't want her to chew on it.

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went out and bought hippy beads at the first sign of teething. I even bought a necklace for myself. I was very excited about the whole thing. Yeah, I didn't notice a difference in either of us whether or not we wore the necklaces. Bummer!

I'm glad they worked for you, though! I think it's just not for everyone. Ah well, LO and I have cute matching necklaces at least.

• I ordered mine today!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz
  • Mine should arrive on Saturday and I can't wait.  Not that I was skeptical, but kinda thought it was a waste of money.  But, after having the fussy baby I've had, I'll try anything.  A number of mom's told me they put one on their LO starting at 4 months and never even knew they were teething, maybe they were lucky, but anything will be an improvement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"