1st Trimester

Vent!

My Dh and I went to tell our families that we were expecting our first child this October. We had been trying and we are both ecstatic about becoming parents. We went to tell my parents first as the baby will be their first grandchild and they were just as excited as we were and began to try to convince us to move closer to them, we leave about an hour and a half away. Then we went and told dh's family. His parents were not as excited as mine, but they do have three grandchildren who they have to watch from 4a.m to 11p.m almost every day. They also are not as emotional as my family, but I could tell that they were happy for us. Okay, so to get to the part that literally left me feeling livid, my brother in law came to pick up his kids, and my oldest niece told him that she was going to have a baby cousin in October. He looked at me and did not say anything, no really, no congratulations, nothing. He then wanted to show my dh everything that he had finish on their remodel. I mean seriously who doesnt at least give a "Oh congrats" when they hear someone is having a precious little baby.

It gets even better, my nieces b-day is this weekend and my sister in law, who have not talked to since finding out, called me to tell me exactly what she wanted me to get for her birthday, not that I hadn't already picked out a present. Anyway when she called, I told her I would go shopping for the presents on Thursday after of first Dr.s appointment, all she said was oh your already having an appointment isn't that really early. Again no congratulations nothing. OH, and when they found out that they were pregnant with their son I was the first one that they called because they knew I would make a huge deal about it.

My husband was a little hurt by it, but he just attributes it to them being socially awkward. I however do not think that a congratulations is too much to ask. I guess it could be just the hormones making me feel this way though. Okay now that I've got that out of my head I think I am going to go for a walk. I hope each of you have a wonderful day:) 

Re: Vent!

• Try not to take it to heart :) Some people let their lives get in the way of their happiness, especially for others. I don't know them and I apologize for saying this because its not my place but I bet if it was them who were pregnant they would expect to have everyone over the moon for them...am I wrong? You and hubby have every right to be ecstatic over your lil bundle, don't let ppl like them ruin it for you :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my  mom and dad were super excited about us having our 2nd. they already can't wait to be grandparents again. my MIL on the other hand didn't really care either way. which doesn't surprise me. both SIL's seem excited (although one SIL came out that they will be having their 3rd in june (about 4-6 weeks after us) but whatever.

my BIL on the other hand has yet to say anything to us. he has some serious issues (no kids himself, but super selfish and into his own world and never cares about his family) and the last time i saw him he could tell i was sick of his stupidness b/c i hardly said anything to him...since then him and my hubby haven't said much to each other and he hasn't said anything to us about our pregnancy.

it doesn't really bother me, i'm very close with my mom and dad (as is my hubby, his dad passed away a few years ago) and i just don't have time for those who don't want to be excited/happy for us. try not to let it bother you, totally not worth it!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry! That would suck... It would be like my sister's hubby not saying anything when we told them. Were they maybe mad they weren't told first? Not an excuse of course, but just wondering. I hope your walk helps you to relax!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 2/10/2012!
    Due Date: 10/15/2012!
    Baby Boy Born 10/11/12! (Not on purpose) :)
  • Sounds like there jealous...don't be surprised if she suddenly pops up pregnant again! People like that suck!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"