Toddlers: 24 Months+

Scab like thing on scalp

So a few months ago I noticed DS1 had these scab like bumps on his scalp.  If I gently scrap them with my finger nail they come loose but often with a small clump of hair. I thought maybe he had gotten something in his hair that dried up and clumped onto his skin so I scrubbed his hair real good with shampoo that night and tried to work over his scalp with a  brush. Well, they have come back and now I'm just not really sure what it is or if it is something I should have looked at. Anyone else experience this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scab like thing on scalp

• My older child had this recently.  We had switched to a new shampoo shortly before this started happening.  I have since switched her to something else, and the problem has gone away.  She's always had sensitive skin, so I just attributed it to the shampoo.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Hmmm.......I can give that a try......can't hurt
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to DS when I didn't get all the shampoo rinsed out/used too much.  It reminds me of cradle cap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kind of sounds like cradle cap to me.  You could try some head and shoulders (or selsom blue, I think?) shampoo to see if that helps at all. But be careful because it will sting if it gets in their eyes.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My DS1 had this. The doc said it's cradle cap. My H put a dab of his T-gel shampoo on the spot where it was bad and it went away and never came back.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • imageSailorGray:
    My DS1 had this. The doc said it's cradle cap. My H put a dab of his T-gel shampoo on the spot where it was bad and it went away and never came back.

Did you just do that one time? Or continue until it was gone? 

• cradle cap.  can either use a toothbrush to wash lo hair with dandruff shampoo orr blow dry lo hair every time for a month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"