Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Let's talk teething

Ok,so my son had a great day yesterday, and today nothing satisfies him. I am exhausted.

He's been constantly drooling since 3 months. He puts everything in his mouth and his feeding has decreased substantially.  (from 12 oz down to 6 oz--yes, I know 12 oz was alot, but he would cry for more food, so I gave it to him--that was probably a growth spurt)..

What were the behavioral changes you guys have seen when/before a tooth comes in. How did it affect their eating and sleep habits, and were your babies cranky during the day? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk teething

• Options
    that's what my dr said! It was about a week...
  • Options
    just curious to see if siggy worked....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO has his first two teeth coming in. I can feel them right under the skin. He has had a mild fever the last few days with no other symptoms and HE WILL NOT EAT! He will take a few 4 oz bottles in the night when he is half sleepy but during the day, he will take 2 oz at most. He is a pretty happy baby and a trooper (preemie born at 33 weeks) but this not eating thing has me worried. Its been going on for about 5 days now. He is still wetting diapers so Pedi says not to worry. I cant help it.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO has her first tooth poking through.  She is fussy on and off and sometimes, nothing will make her happy.  Sometimes she doesn't want to suck on her teething toys and has a mini meltdown but then it passes and I can keep her occupied.  Thank goodness the pain comes and goes or I don't know what I would do.  She seems to be eating the same but maybe a little less.  I BF so it's hard to tell since she gets distracted while eating anyways and stops alot.   
  • Options
    DD has been drouling alot, chewing on her hands and bibs, she can't hold a teething ring yet but likes it when I do it for her, she has her little fussy tantrums during the day and barely eats all she wants is to be walked around. So I'm not sure if her tantrums are because she's teething or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I believe he was eating 12 oz! We have a big eater also, and he is 3 months, 2 days and at 8 oz. he will shriek the most painful shriek sometimes. He was also in the 5th percentile for weight. Some babies just process food very fast!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"