Trying to Get Pregnant

Fricking fracken car!! (NTTPR obv!)

My car failed emissions this time around, not surprisingly since the check engine light has been on for quite some time.  Took it into the dealer because Goodyear couldn't even figure out the problem. It's going to cost $1,100 to fix!! :(  Also getting my front brakes replaced.  I need to get my driver's seat fixed, my glove box fixed and some other crap too but they couldn't do any of those things for under $300 each.  Really?  A glove box that just won't stay closed costs over $300 to fix???  Stupid Mini!!

*vent over*

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Fricking fracken car!! (NTTPR obv!)

• UGHH sorry dawn that sucks! We now lease our cars so we don't have to deal with annoying problems and not to mention expensive problems! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband is a mechanic, so I know the crazy amount they charge for labor, especially at dealership.  Usually you can find a better price at smaller place, I would get another quote for sure. 

Sorry Dawn.  Unexpected expenses suck. :( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetairairat:
    You have a Mini too? What year is yours?

I'm sorry you've got to deal with those kind of repairs. The cost for the glove box seems a bit much. Is it a fix that could wait for you to shop for a better price?

It's a 2003 Cooper S.  I'm definitely waiting on the glove box... I'd duct tape it shut before I'd spend $300 on it.  And that is probably something Goodyear can fix too.  For now we're just getting the emissions problem and the brakes fixed for a total of $1,356.  My car registration is now expired and I've already been pulled over once for it (warning only, thankfully) so it just needs to get done, but as Enchanted said, unexpected expenses svck!!  Was so hoping it would be cheaper.

EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Sorry you have to deal with all those repairs!! Is there any way your DH (or a friend) could do the brakes at least? That could save a bunch!
  • Car repairs are the worst!!!  So sorry you have to drop the cash.
    Anniversary

• BOOO for unexpected expenses! Hubby's is next month so I get it. FX you can get it cheaper...
    Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• imagedawn2zzs:

imagetairairat:
    You have a Mini too? What year is yours?

I'm sorry you've got to deal with those kind of repairs. The cost for the glove box seems a bit much. Is it a fix that could wait for you to shop for a better price?

It's a 2003 Cooper S.  I'm definitely waiting on the glove box... I'd duct tape it shut before I'd spend $300 on it.  And that is probably something Goodyear can fix too.  For now we're just getting the emissions problem and the brakes fixed for a total of $1,356.  My car registration is now expired and I've already been pulled over once for it (warning only, thankfully) so it just needs to get done, but as Enchanted said, unexpected expenses svck!!  Was so hoping it would be cheaper.

That sucks!  I was going to say that I'd duct tape as well before paying $300.  Or maybe clear packing tape would be slightly less obvious?  GL getting better quotes. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageFirefightersBride:
    Sorry you have to deal with all those repairs!! Is there any way your DH (or a friend) could do the brakes at least? That could save a bunch!

The brakes actually aren't *too* bad as they are only costing me $250 more. It's the emissions problem that's the big one and it's probably something that the dealer should deal with... DH wanted me to go ahead and do everything as he wants me to love my little car again but I just can't justify the other expenses.

EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• imageChancieMark:

I hear you woman :(

My truck is in the shop and my rear brakes need to be completely removed and changed as well as the throttle body and something else (I forget). It's going to cost $900! Waaaaah!

Totes jealous about your mini though!!!! 

Ugh... sorry chancie!  I do love my mini but honestly we have been considering getting new cars this year.  The mini isn't really carseat friendly.  But I guess we still have time to worry about that.  Plus, I have to admit that driving on the highways here in Phoenix I don't feel as safe driving it around.  People are very aggressive drivers (and I am one too) and I feel like I'm not seen very well on the roads.  I can't tell you how many times a big truck has almost driven me off the road.

EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I feel your pain, Dawn. My timing belt went out in my car. And also, the battery is now dead (at least that's not expensive).

My Age - 41, DH's Age - 42

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Endometriosis, Stenosis of the Cervix, Uterine Polyp, Hostile CM and Borderline PCOS
    Stage 1 Endo and Uterine Polyp removed and Cervix widened on July 9, 2012.
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg - 3/6/13 BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg - 4/3/13 BFN
    IUI #3 Clomid 50 mg - 10/4/13 BFN
    IUI #4 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 11/2/13 BFN
    Cycle #28 - Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger + TI (IUI #5 cancelled) - 2/5/14 BFN
    IUI #5 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 3/5/14 BFN

• imagedawn2zzs:
    imageChancieMark:

My truck is in the shop and my rear brakes need to be completely removed and changed as well as the throttle body and something else (I forget). It's going to cost $900! Waaaaah!

Ugh... sorry chancie!  I do love my mini but honestly we have been considering getting new cars this year.  The mini isn't really carseat friendly.  But I guess we still have time to worry about that.  Plus, I have to admit that driving on the highways here in Phoenix I don't feel as safe driving it around.  People are very aggressive drivers (and I am one too) and I feel like I'm not seen very well on the roads.  I can't tell you how many times a big truck has almost driven me off the road.

After about a two years of driving in Phoenix I replaced my Civic for a Volvo!

Seriously though, if you are going to do repairs and live in the EV, my IL's swear by this place called Highland in Chandler for getting good deals on repairs.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageButtercup619:
    imagedawn2zzs:
    imageChancieMark:

After about a two years of driving in Phoenix I replaced my Civic for a Volvo!

Seriously though, if you are going to do repairs and live in the EV, my IL's swear by this place called Highland in Chandler for getting good deals on repairs.  

I'm actually out in the WV in Goodyear (and trying to take my car to Goodyear!) ;)  It was a heck of a long drive out to north Scottsdale to the Mini dealer.  Thankfully, they do give free loaner cars!

EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• That stinks! DH's car died a month ago and we are searching for a used car...ugh.  I'm kinda happy I lease mine.
  • Sorry, Dawn, that stinks!  I hope you can find some better estimates.
    imageMy Chart TTC since June 2011. BFP#1 5/9/12 EDD 1/19/13 MMC @ 9w3d D&E 6/25/12. Met with RE 12/2012 - Dx PCOS. 1/2013 Clomid 100mg + HCG trigger + TI = BFP#2!! Due 10/22/13! FX this little bean sticks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"