High-Risk Pregnancy

3rd csection in 3 years, placentia previa

Im having my 3rd baby this summer & was told I was a high risk pregnancy bc its my 3rd csection in last 3 years. Also I had mild placentia previa last pregnancy & it moved up so no problem. Now the doc is saying if I have placentia previa again it could attached to my scar tissue & I would become major high risk..she would hazve to take my entire uterus out to deliver baby..im a little freaked out, I have 10 weeks until my ultrasound where I will found out if I have placentia previa again. .does anybody here have experience with this?

Re: 3rd csection in 3 years, placentia previa

• No but I'm not too far off from you and my OB and MFM have never mentioned any of what you said to me.  I had a c/s in July 09, Sept 10 and will God willing have my 3rd August 12.  I've personally been worried about previa but I worry about everything and I have placenta issues.  Hopefully everything will be fine!  Don't worry till there is something to worry about and if it comes down to it, get yourself a MFM.
    BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • No experience but it sounds like the issue your OB mentioned would be placenta accreta. Someone recently posted about it and I commented on that one. I dont believe that has anything to do with how close your c sections are though. And I don't think you are considered at risk for that until your 4th or 5th c section. I definitely wouldn't worry about that until you had a reason to! Just think how many people have sections close together and are fine. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"