3rd Trimester
Options

Canadian Mamas

Anyone here Canadian Mamas? ...

I see all these deals posted and online websites that either A don't have stores in Canada or B don't ship here No

Besides Sears I haven't been able to find any Nursing Bras & even they are granny bras. Also looking for Slings/ Carriers is impossible unless I want a BJorn  ( Which I most definitely do not ) ..... Getting pretty frustrated at this point. I would at least love to know where to buy a Baby K'Tan Breeze in stores so I can try it on, is that so much to ask?! 

BTW I'm in the GTA/Golden horseshoe Area (Hamilton)

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
DS #1 [S-5]
3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
Baby #2 09/10/2017 
It's a BOY! 
Babywearer&EBF
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Canadian Mamas

• Options

expressiva.com has good bras. I ordered from there (several bravado bras) and they ship to Canada.

I loved my baby ktan, but I bought it at Target here.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Does Amazon not ship to Canada?  I do like 90% of my shopping on Amazon because I live rurally and there aren't any big name box stores in my area.  They also have pretty good prices most of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Have you tried Motherhood or Thyme for nursing bras? I know the ToysRUs near me (in Alberta) has a decent selection of baby carriers, including wraps and slings, and brands other than Bjorn. There's also some small, independent stores in my area that carry the more hard to find baby-related products, b/c it's true, I find here in Canada our selection for mainstream or big box stores is seriously limited...

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second going to Motherhood or Thyme for nursing bras.  They don't have a huge selection but they have some.  I've ordered a couple of things from https://www.snugglebugz.ca/  (such as an ERGObaby carrier).  We've also shopped at a couple of smaller independent boutiques in our area (we're in Nova Scotia) and have been able to find brands that Toys R Us and Sears do not carry.  I would do a google search to see what boutiques may be in Hamiliton.     
  • Options

imageP.S.10:
    Does Amazon not ship to Canada?  I do like 90% of my shopping on Amazon because I live rurally and there aren't any big name box stores in my area.  They also have pretty good prices most of the time.

Amazon will ship some items to Canada; other items will come up saying "unavailable to ship to your area".

• Options
    imagePetitePomme:

imageP.S.10:

Amazon will ship some items to Canada; other items will come up saying "unavailable to ship to your area".

Super lame.  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Bras- do the motherhood or THyme thing.  If you are a bigger size - I think Motherhood only goes to F or something than look for a specialty boutique in your area. 

Toys r us - carries the carriers and you can order online BRU.ca

lolololo
  • Options

Hey, I'm also in the Hamilton area! 

Personally I hated the bras from Motherhood and decided to just buy from Amazon and trust the reviews.  I got the Bella Materna Nursing bra for at night or just to be extra comfy and the Elomi Molded Nursing underwire bra and Anita Maternity Microfiber bra which have more support.  All three seem way better then what I had after my first pregnancy, very comfortable. And I didn't have any shipping issues, they arrived within about a week.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Motherhood & Thyme are horrible.. First off they are stupid expensive for the 2 bras they have and they are all white :@, Amazon is no good for Canadians, we have Amazon.ca but half the stuff isn't on that website.

The K'Tan is the only one I'll buy unless I can find something exactly like that. It fits every criteria for me. I'm west African and can tie the baby on my back in the traditional way but this is 100% more practical in North American. 

My only thing with the bras is I wanna try them on or see them in person. I'm fairly small ( Pre-Preg weight 130  and 5'10 size 32D ) so Bras have always been an issue to find for me

DS #1 [S-5]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF

• Options
    imagerobs bride '08:

Hey, I'm also in the Hamilton area!  

Hahah I'm so sorry to hear that Stick out tongue YAYYYY Steel town Tongue Tied

DS #1 [S-5]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF

• Options
    imagekaylaakosua:

Motherhood & Thyme are horrible.. First off they are stupid expensive for the 2 bras they have and they are all white 

Is there more than 1 location you can try, or try ordering online? The couple stores near me all have far more selection than just white and only 2 styles.

Otherwise i would do online research into products you like and see who carries it. Sometimes the website for the actual product will have a section where you can look up retailers, or a quick google search can help.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Here, from the K'Tan website itself, there at 4 stores in the GTA that sell them. 

https://www.babyktan.com/stores.html

Sorry it's not clicky. Anyway, even if you dont want to make a trip to TO to buy it, you could try calling the stores and see about ordering it online or over the phone and having it delivered. Where there's a will there's a way!  

• Options

And here's a link to a Breastfeeding store in Canada, with lots of locations throughout ON.

https://www.breast-is-best.com/

And another maternity store in the Burlington area (again, you could always call and ask about shipping if you dont want to make the drive).

https://www.411.ca/business/profile/6543511?qid=1&source=search&rank=1

Google is your friend :) 

• Options
    I have 2 nursing bras from Thyme and I love them!! they are so comfortable. I think they are $44.99 each but so worth it!
  • Options

https://dearbornbaby.com/home.php (got my Ergo carrier from this site)

https://www.snugglebugz.ca/ 

Etsy has lots of baby stuff (ring slings, clothes, bedding, blankets, hats, soother clips, etc. from various shops. Almost all ship to Canada and there's lots of local shops too.) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Options
    imageP.S.10:
    imagePetitePomme:

imageP.S.10:

Super lame.  :(

The duties charges are also killer. I bought a pair of boots for $90 and the duties/shipping was $40.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Options
    Some lingerie stores/boutiques have breastfeeding bras and they are really good mainly because they all sizes and they have very well trained staff! I'm not from the GTA but from the Ottawa region and I know of two stores that are not 'maternity' stores but are simple lingerie boutiques that carry all sizes breastfeeding bras. As for carriers, I found other types of carriers at Babies R Us...I registered for a Maman Kangourou, I don't know if you've heard of it, but it's a soft material which I think is more comfortable than a baby bjorn and may be what you're looking for!
  • Options
    I'm in Alberta as well and I've been buying from Motherhood but that was basically because the girl was amazing and helpful and was able to assist me while I was ugly crying because we kept having to go up in cup sizes... I think I paid somewhere around $25 each... I'll second the suggestion for lingerie stores though - that's where I'll be going next to get the right sizing - they're usually well trained and helpful, if not, go to a different one!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Have you tried Springy's on Upper James or Snugglebugz in Burlington? I bought nursing bras at Motherhood last time (across from limeridge mall). They were plain, but I didn't really care - just needed them to function. I also bought stuff online at cheeky monkey (in London ON). I am also in the Hammer.
  • Options

Thyme maternity and Motherhood have nursing bras. In all honesty the ones I ended up using due to comfort and not causing problems were the boxed Playtex nursing bras...super glamourous right?!

I would highly recommend a sling from uppymama.com  I have one and it is amazing.  They will custom weave whatever colours you want. I would never buy anything but these! 

• Options
    Their's a store in Toronto called Marlene's Just Babies. I live in Oakville. I know they sell K'tan carriers. YOu can also order from their web site. https://www.marlenesjustbabies.com/  I also purchased a bra from Motherhood and I found it didn't give that great support.  I'm no help with the bra though because I ended up getting 2 from Marks And Spencers when I went to England that are so comfy and great!!! Try a lingerie store though. Their's a really good one in downtown Oakville called Inside Story.  The girls are really helpful and I'm pretty sure theu carry nursing bras. Hope this helps! Good luck with your search!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the help!! I'm not so much of an online shopper only if I know what I want then go online to get a better price :P

The bras at motherhood are just not what I'm looking for at all... I've been to about 4 different locations. I heard the Medela ones are very comfy but I have NO Idea where to get in store. I found a store in Toronto that will order the K'Tan but its going to be like $85 ( actual website sells them for $65 )... the price of convenience though.

The boutiques here I find are to "posh" or non existent No . I've made progress though!! Those things & a bath tub & I have everything ready for LO   *pats self on back*

Again THANK YOU ALL !!!

Ps  MeghanF13 I totally forgot about Springy's Glad to see some Hamiltonians on here Party!!!

DS #1 [S-5]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF

• Options
    i buy my bras at the motherhood maternity stores, there should be one in your area, but if there isn't you can order online as well
  • Options
    I live nowhere near maternity stores, but ordered my bras through Bravado's website during my last pregnancy. Not cheap, but I loved them, and will probably order more soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"