Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If you have a high limit rear facing seat, will you keep LO in it til they reach limits?

I keep hearing some kids do not reach height or weight limit til they are like 4 or 5.  Will you keep LO rear facing til then?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have a high limit rear facing seat, will you keep LO in it til they reach limits?

• imageanna karenina:
    Maybe because I don't drive but you people are boring the ever loving shits out of me with all of this car seat talk. This is the 3rd thread I've seen today. I apologize in advance for being a snatchface. 
    I feel like these threads are trying to bait someone into admitting that they've already turned their kid around. Out for blood!
  • Yep. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think we'll keep DS rear-facing until he is 4 or 5. Probably 3-3.5 at the latest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C is over 30 lbs already, although with the slower growth this year he may be within the 40 lb weight limit on his seat. However, we anticipate his busting through the height limits before he weighs that much.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageEllaHella:
    That will be my kid.  He will finally hit 40lbs around the same time he gets his learners permit.

This

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My main goal is to hit 2 years. After that, it depends on where we are with height/weight limits. DS is already 26 pounds and just turned a year old, although our seat goes to 40 RF which I DON'T anticipate him reaching before 2. Not sure what the height req. is on it, need to check. We are also hoping to TTC for #2 in a little less than a year, so I may have to move his to FF right at 2 yrs old to allow for room for an infant seat (God willing we get pregnant quickly).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Yes. That is why I did all that research to find the seat with the highest limits.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Sorry guys.  I did not realize this was already posted today. I swear I was not trying to trick anyone.  Most of my friends and family have turned LOs around at 1 and I do not judge them.  That is there personal decision.  I have opted to keep my son RF longer because I want to keep him as safe as long as I can.  In answering my own question, I am thinking I will also turn my son around when he is around 3 possibly, but I am not 100% sold on that.  I, too, am taking it one year at a time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepepomntpat:
    Yes. That is why I did all that research to find the seat with the highest limits.

What seat do you have?

• imagepepomntpat:
    Yes. That is why I did all that research to find the seat with the highest limits.

Ditto.  FTR I have a Radian XTSL.  Very high shell and 45lb weight limit RF. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• imageMrsLacy:

imagepepomntpat:

Ditto.  FTR I have a Radian XTSL.  Very high shell and 45lb weight limit RF. 

This is the one we have. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I plan to wait as long as possible unless a really good reason pops up when she's 3 or 4. She probably won't hit the limits until she's like, 7, so we'll see what happens when she's 3 or 4. She'll definitely be rear facing for a WHILE longer, though. She's not yet 18 lbs and about 28 inches at 15 months.
  • We turned them around a while ago (*hides*) but in my defense, the kids are in the car about once a week - on quiet, country roads.  If I had them in the car daily (especially on busy roads/highways) I'd have kept them rear-facing longer.  It just became a fight EVERY time with one of them, like, screaming the entire trip.  I gave in (go ahead, judge away, I get it).
  • My kids are both tall, so even with the newer seats, they'd never reach 4 or 5 years. DD1 was rfing to 2.5 years (32 lbs, ~39") in her Britax Marathon. I think the only seat with a taller shell is the First Years TrueFit. We have that seat, but the rfing weight limit is only 35 lbs, and the shell height is only 1-2" taller. DD2 may be able to rf to 3 years given that; we'll see about her weight. She was 27 lbs at 18 months. I do plan to keep her rfing as long as possible.

ETA: The Radian's shell is about 1/2" taller than the Marathon's. Both of my DDs carry their height in their torso too, so that's why DD1 only made it to ~39".

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • DS has just about reached the height limit of his seat.  He will be getting turned on Saturday, as part of his birthday present.  At 18 months he was 24 lbs 36" tall.  We are also turning him because we are going to put the infant seat in the middle and move him to the passenger side, we can not fit his seat behind the passenger seat comfortably for someone to sit in the passenger seat. 

Since he is about an inch from the top, which is the height limit, we have to switch.  He doesn't gain weight so keeping him RFing until 40 lbs could very well put him RFing through elementary school, but again, he's extremely tall and it's no longer safe for him RFing since he's getting too close to the top.  We have a Graco MyRide 65.

Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • We were in a car accident in Nov, and when we replaced the seat I purposely got a seat that was higher in weight and height limits for this reason. DS is a tall boy! Last check he was 34 inches and 32 pounds. I don't know if we'll go past 3, but it depends on all the factors past 2-3 years old. Very few people still rear face here with the exception of two other mom's I know of. I'm sure other moms do, just not many yet from what I see.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"