October 2011 Moms

So much for crib training...

I have been battling it out with DS since last week trying to get him to nap in his crib. He usually takes naps in his swing and sleeps at night in the RnP.

The plan was to get him accustomed to napping in the crib and then transition from the RnP at night. Well, he started rolling over for the first time yesterday. I am super excited about the rolling, but unfortunately, he can only roll himself from back to front. When he is on his tummy he freaks out after about 30 seconds.

Every time I get him drowsy or asleep and lay him down, he flips himself onto his stomach and then cries.

I gave up today and put him in the swing. I am super frustrated Sad

I don't know how to get him to sleep in his crib. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So much for crib training...

• My son has been in his crib since 3 weeks, but we had the same issues with him losing his damn mind when he started flipping onto his stomach. I know not everyone would be on board with this, but I basically let him cry/fuss it out. Since he was the one that kept flipping, then he had to learn how to sleep that way. It was rough the first night, but after a few nights, he started sleeping through the rolling. Now, I'd say he spends a good 95% of his nighttime sleep on his tummy. My heart goes out to you because it's hell getting through that rough patch of them being okay sleeping on their stomach, even if they've gotten themselves there. Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C also loses her mind when she rolls from back to belly - it drives me crazy!  But lately, when she does it in her crib, she'll go right to sleep.  It took a couple days of her rolling over to realize that - hey - sleeping on her tummy is pretty comfy.  Fingers crossed your LO figures that out, too!  Stick with trying it in the crib - the only thing that worked for us was persistence!  And lots and lots of wine for me. Big Smile
    BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePappsMcgee:

:( Sorry

DD still doesn't nap in her crib because she freaks out. At night she does toally fine, but as soon as you put her in it during the day, all bets are off. Can you maybe try starting at night first and see what happens?

We'll try this. Thanks!

• Peelester & Sewpinkgal -

Were your babies able to get themselves back onto their backs if they wanted to?

My worry with letting him figure out that sleeping on his tummy isn't so terrible is that as of right now, he can't get back over. I worry about SIDs.

• He's just now kind of starting to roll onto his back. I asked our pedi about it and he said once they can get themselves onto their stomach, leave them be. At that point they're strong enough to move their head if they need more air. Obviously, make sure you don't have loose blankets or toys in there, but otherwise, it should be fine.

This must be the case as our little stinker likes to sleep part of the night with his face straight down into the mattress. :/ 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesewpinkgal:

He's just now kind of starting to roll onto his back. I asked our pedi about it and he said once they can get themselves onto their stomach, leave them be. At that point they're strong enough to move their head if they need more air. Obviously, make sure you don't have loose blankets or toys in there, but otherwise, it should be fine.

This must be the case as our little stinker likes to sleep part of the night with his face straight down into the mattress. :/ 

Thanks!
  • G still flips to his belly at night and wakes up, and has for the last few weeks. I'm treating it as a phase he will get through. He's got to learn to get back over on his back or sleep on his belly. It sucks right now but will be better in the end.
  • imagesewpinkgal:

He's just now kind of starting to roll onto his back. I asked our pedi about it and he said once they can get themselves onto their stomach, leave them be. At that point they're strong enough to move their head if they need more air. Obviously, make sure you don't have loose blankets or toys in there, but otherwise, it should be fine.

This exactly. C still cannot go from belly to back. I also found her face-down one morning and it scared the crap out of me.  Obviously, she was fine! And sleeping very comfortably.

BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"