July 2012 Moms
Options

Hold me back, ladies.

Someone's about to get a pregnant b!tchslap.

I've mentioned before that I'm my FSIL's MOH in her and my brother's wedding this June, and I'm planning a 50's housewife themed shower for her.  Sent out the invitations last week, and she is so excited!

She texted me last night all upset because her new, hideous, controlling, batsh!t crazy step-mom was texting her complaining about the shower invitations!  Ok #1, why in the world would she be going to the BRIDE, the guest of honor, with her problems with the shower?  I am the hostess, and my number is printed right there on the invitation.  Leave the poor bride alone!  And #2, her complaints are ridiculous!  

The invitation reads as follows:  "Leslie is going to be a housewife!  Please join us in your lipstick and high heels for a bridal shower, vintage housewife style."   Included in the envelope are two blank recipe cards, and an extra little instruction card that says "Please bring the enclosed recipe cards with your favorite recipes to share with the bride-to-be.  For those would like to "shower" Leslie and her groom with gifts, they have registered at [store]."  I did this because I know it is considered rude to print registry info right on the invitation, but I also know that this particular crowd of people don't tend to follow etiquette rules, and would be pissed if they had to hunt this information down.  The insert was my way to sort of meet in the middle. 

So Leslie's step-mom texts her, "Leslie people are having problems with your invitation.  First they are asking Leslie who?  It doesn't say your last name anywhere, so people don't know who it's for.  Second, no one knows where you are registered.  The invitation doesn't say, and people need to know.  They are also confused by the Kansas return address.  [the wedding and shower are both in oklahoma, sorry I happen to live in kansas!]  And last, do people really have to wear high heels?  This is upsetting a lot of people."

WTF??!!  What is the poor bride supposed to do with that?  If people don't know what Leslie in their life is about to get married in Oklahoma, then seriously, why were they on the invite list?  Apparently these are the step-mom's church friends that Leslie doesn't even know.  And the registry issue, well, sorry if you can't handle reading more than one card per envelope.  The info was included.  And the high heels?  Really?  No, the fashion police will not be there.  You will not be set in time-out or held after the party for detention if you don't wear the right shoes.  For crying out loud, these are grown women!  Wear whatever shoes you want!  And above all, LEAVE THE POOR BRIDE ALONE!  She did not plan any of this, she is the GUEST of honor!  ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! 

/b!tchslap 

Re: Hold me back, ladies.

• Options
    I think she totally deserves a *** slap!
  • Options
    I think it is a cute theme :)  Too bad these ladies aren't any fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like someone is jealous the spotlight isn't on her and/or she wasn't involved in the planning. My sister was like this... Good luck! I'm sure it will be wonderful regardless of the wicked stepmother!
  • Options

imagemrsmckinky:
    Doooo iiiiiiit! What a crazy lady! I'd tell the bride to tell her step-mom that if she has any concerns, she should address them with you, since she (as the bride) isn't in on all of the details for the shower.  That is ridiculous!  Then you can go off on her, and blame it on being pregnant. Good times.

That's exactly what I told her to do.  She texted her back "I've talked to lots of people and they all saw the registry info in the envelope.  Not sure why your friends missed it.  People can wear whatever shoes they want.  Sally's number is _____, she said feel free to call or text her if you have any more problems or questions."

I am VERY MUCH looking forward to that call.  B!tch gonna be set straight. 

• Options

I agree, someone should get a slap or three! I'd be frustrated as well. I'm sure the bride has better things to worry about than whether so-and-so doesn't want to wear heels!

You're a good SIL for planning and trying to leave the bride out of it..I ended up in tears several times leading up to my shower and bachelorette because various people had complaints about both events (and I didn't plan either one).

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Options
    Whoa!! Yeah - I'd be pretty pissed. Like seriously, if its that big of an issue then just DON'T GO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Lol I'm the last one to hold a gal back. In fact, I'd like to set you after my FIL, who is essentially doing the same for our baby shower. My mom is planning it and he is full of complaints to her and to H. ::rabble rabble rabble::

Hang in there! I feel so badly for your FSIL having such a  crappy stepmom. It seriously doesn't get any better from here. 

• Options
    What is wrong with people? First, it's an adorable theme. Second, every single shower I've been to in mife has the reggistry info on a separte card. Third, the last name thing I mean that's too stupid to even get into.

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

yes, she deserves a /b!tchslap

BTW, I love your recipe card idea. My sister did that for my shower and my dad made me a wooden recipe card holder. I've added to the recipes over the years, but I really love having recipes from all of my friends and family.  

• Options
    imageorange_roses:

BTW, I love your recipe card idea. My sister did that for my shower and my dad made me a wooden recipe card holder. I've added to the recipes over the years, but I really love having recipes from all of my friends and family.  

ditto! We threw a big housewarming party when we bought our house two years ago, and I asked people to do this. It is so fun to have the recipes. 

• Options

Why am I never surprised at grown women just not growing up??  Sounds like her step mom needs a job or a hobby or something.

Sounds like you did a SUPER cute job on the invitations.

• Options

Yeah that's stress the bride to be needs! Wtf!?! Crazy ppl!

Like you said, they don't know which Leslie is getting married when their close enough to get an invite not only to the wedding, but the shower??? Gimme a break.

And ppl are going to take the high heels seriously? I mean, wear them if u want, but I'm sure it's not ur admission ticket to get in. Oi vay!!

Some ppl r just negative and can't say a good thing about anything. 

Loving life's blessings!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

imagemrsmckinky:
    LOL, maybe you should just tell the step-mom that it is a requirement for all guests to wear heels, and don't even THINK about showing up in flats!  Go on and stir that fire.  I'll help you out, and bring my pillowcase full of bars of soap.  Let the beatings commence!

I would totally do this.  What a great way to make sure these women who don't even know the bride won't show up and ruin the party for everyone!  I think your theme is adorable and the etiquette was absolutely handled properly.

• Options
    Thank you gals so much for the support!  Seventeen replies in agreement helps me feel much better about the words she'll be hearing if she ever dares call me!

• Options

First of all, that is the most AMAZING shower theme ever!! So vintage and cute and FUN!! My MIL and SIL threw me a Kentucky Derby themed wedding shower for my wedding (it was held Kentucky Derby weekend), and all the guests were asked to wear their best hat. OH MY. The drama that unfolded over that...wear a hat, don't wear a hat...WHO HONESTLY CARES!!

Secondly...slap away. I got your back. I could use to take my aggression out on someone :) 

image image BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    OK, when I read your description of the invite - knowing this woman was taking issue with it - I honestly thought, "Well, she must be insulted that you are calling your FSIL a 'housewife'."  Because that's SO offensive, kwim?  ;)  Seriously, that was the only thing that I could even kind of see someone taking issue with, and even that would be stupid.  It sounds like this MIL needs to take a deep breath and get over herself.  Have fun planning the shower - it sounds like it will be great!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

OMG some women are crazy. Maybe when you talk to her you should clarify that anything under 6" will not qualify as a heel. LOL.

The bitching and confusing about the invitation kinda reminds me of when I threw my sister's bridal shower last year. I used a pocket invitation where the invitation was printed on a card that was slid into a pocket. The older women invited to the shower did not get it and just thought it was a blank invitation. My grandmother was all concerned becuase there was no info or writing. I had to show her that you pull the invite out of the pocket to read it. Arg.

• Options
    imagekadokatie30:

OMG some women are crazy. Maybe when you talk to her you should clarify that anything under 6" will not qualify as a heel. LOL.

The bitching and confusing about the invitation kinda reminds me of when I threw my sister's bridal shower last year. I used a pocket invitation where the invitation was printed on a card that was slid into a pocket. The older women invited to the shower did not get it and just thought it was a blank invitation. My grandmother was all concerned becuase there was no info or writing. I had to show her that you pull the invite out of the pocket to read it. Arg.

OMG...now THAT is funny!! :) 

image image BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    LAME to that situation, but really cute idea for a bridal shower..lol
  • Options
    imageSallySunrise:

imagemrsmckinky:
    Doooo iiiiiiit! What a crazy lady! I'd tell the bride to tell her step-mom that if she has any concerns, she should address them with you, since she (as the bride) isn't in on all of the details for the shower.  That is ridiculous!  Then you can go off on her, and blame it on being pregnant. Good times.

That's exactly what I told her to do.  She texted her back "I've talked to lots of people and they all saw the registry info in the envelope.  Not sure why your friends missed it.  People can wear whatever shoes they want.  Sally's number is _____, she said feel free to call or text her if you have any more problems or questions."

I am VERY MUCH looking forward to that call.  B!tch gonna be set straight. 

Love this Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"