Toddlers: 24 Months+

Stroller for 2nd child opinion

Ok I need a true assessment of the double stroller.
If we get one we are getting a sit and stand.  But DH and I were thinking when and how often do we really need this.  When we need them both in a stroller can't we just take 2-which we have.  Of course that means I can not do anything alone.
I guess I could put baby in a carrier and DD in a stroller.

What has been your experience.
Keep in mind DD is 2.3 and will run away.

Re: Stroller for 2nd child opinion

• I love having a sit and stand.  We have the Joovy Ultralight.  I use it at the doctors office, mall and any store where I don't need a shopping cart.  It's also been great at the zoo and aquarium.  It was great when DS #2 was still in his infant seat because if he fell asleep in the car I could just transfer his carseat to the stroller, strap DS #1 into the back seat, and go.  And once DS #2 started potty training, it became a real pain to help him use public toilets while carrying a baby in the moby or bjorn - so much easier to have him in the stroller!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did a lot of research on double strollers too and was also considering the sit and stand.  My only thing is it doesn't look very comfortable for either kid and you're going to have a problem if both kid wants to sleep. 

We ended up buy the BabyJogger City Mini Double stroller and have absolutely no regrets!  Both seat reclines and trust me...there were plently of times when both of my kids fell asleep at the same time. It's lightweight (I think it's 26 pounds) and pushes with a ease.  Plus I love how the canopy covers almost all the way down for sun protection.  And it folds flat so doesn't take up much trunk space.  My only complaint is the storage basket beneath it...not easy to reach for stuff.  Btw...I noticed they run clearance sale for last year's model btwn April-August so you could probably get it at a good price!

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I got the Baby Trend Sit N' Stand.  We don't use a stroller very often (mall, zoo, park a few times a month).  I didn't want to pay a lot for something we use 1-2 days/month or just for walking around the neighborhood.  It is heavy and a bit bulky, but does its job.  It has a second seat that comes off and we've been using it for DD#1, but we are thinking about taking it out.  She doesn't like to be in the stroller long and we are constantly taking her in and out.  I think it would just be easier to give her the option to jump on and off.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"