Working Moms

Suggestions for good "family calendar"?

I'm looking for a family calendar to put on the fridge where we can document our schedules, meal plan, etc. I've looked for something online that's printable/downloadable but also looked in a few stores.

Do you use anything like this to keep your family organized? Where did you get it? Thanks for any suggestions!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suggestions for good "family calendar"?

• I made a really simple meal planning chart that I can email you, if you want to look at it. Just three rows for breakfast, lunch and dinner labeled on the left and columns labeled across the top (sunday - saturday). I did have a calendar that I printed from microsoft word template each month and filled in by hand but then I found that DH couldn't care less and never looked at the calendar himself so I no longer keep a calendar on the fridge. I resorted to keeping it in my desk until I got an iphone and now I just use my phone to keep everything scheduled for now. My only daughter is less than a year so she won't be using the calendar either. 

I do still use the menu planner though. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I use the calendar on my work computer. If I set somethign up for an evening or weekend then I'll add DH and my gmail account as invitees so it shows up on our phones.

Meal plans, I usually just buy all the stuff after looking at the ads but keep the actual plan in my head, nobody but me knows what we're eating each night and that's not intentional but DH/DS really don't care.

• I like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Moms-Family-2012-Wall-Calendar/dp/076116247X/ref=pd_sim_hg_1

There are 5 columns for each day, so it's easy to keep everyone's schedules.  We have one for each of us, and one for our sitter.

I keep my meal plan, grocery list, and to do list in my planner.  

• Another vote for cozi.com -- I started using the calendar and shopping lists a few months ago and it has made everything so much easier. 
  • I made one on Word so I could personalize it.
  • Mom's Ultimate Family Fridge calendar. It's just a regular calendar, though it does have a magnet for the fridge. It comes with tons of stickers to put on all your special days. I bought it at Walmart.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I use my iPad which is linked to my iphone.  I pick from meals listed and text DH the recipe info so he can start dinner...he get's home before me.  I also list chores on their as well and text whoever needs to do that chore that day.  
  • dpdwdpdw member

imageangelame1979:
    I use my iPad which is linked to my iphone.  I pick from meals listed and text DH the recipe info so he can start dinner...he get's home before me.  I also list chores on their as well and text whoever needs to do that chore that day.  

What app does that?

• We use a shared google calendar to keep track of the family schedule.  I do the grocery shopping/meal planning and most of the cooking so I don't need to share that per se (I have my own apps for that) but if I did need to I would do a shared google doc or evernote or something like that.
    Two kids..5 and 2
  • I use a version similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Dooley-Magnetic-Weekly-Calendar-1414WOW/dp/B001TER4Y6 I then use a different colored dry erase marker for each person in the family. I only use this for places, events, etc not meals.

I also use my outlook calendar to book appointments.

For meals, I get these $1 pads from Michaels Craft Store that have a box for each day of the week and then space for ingredients. It is magnetic too. I just handwrite the dinners for the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"