Stay at Home Moms

What do you say in this situation?

I know this isn't a big deal but today when I picked DD up from preschool her teacher said that she had a hard time keeping her in her seat today and she was very antsy and had to be spoken to quite a bit.  She said that normally it's not an issue so that is good but I didn't know how to react.

I was just kind of like "uhhhh, sorry." Lol

I felt really bad and didn't know if I should have gently scolded DD or just said sorry or what.  I've seen her tell other parents when kids have a bad day and the parents usually just laugh it off and it just doesn't seem enough to me.  This teacher volunteers so it's not like she is paid and I know how tough my DD can be so I feel responsible or something.

I am not worried about it just curious how someone else would handle this?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What do you say in this situation?

• I would have said "thanks for letting me know."
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    I would have said "thanks for letting me know."

Exactly this.

• Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't have scolded her there. I would have told the teacher thanks for letting me know, and let her know that you would be talking to your daughter at home.

• I would probably apologize and then tell LO (in front of her), "we have to mind mrs. (name). from now on we have to be an extra good student for her, okay?" Something along those lines. Nothing too much, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    I would have said "thanks for letting me know."

That. I probably would have asked if they were doing different activities or anything else different about the day that might have prompted a different behavior. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagescatteredtrees:
    I would just say thank you for letting me know, I'll talk to DD about this, please let me know if it happens again... that kinda thing.
    This exactly. When was teaching four-year olds this would have been an appropriate response. Children often need to be spoken to or redirected throughout the school day. Teachers typically do not expect perfect behavior all the time. When would mention a behavior issue to a parent it was because I had tried all the tricks in my bag and was not successful with changing the behavior, and so I was hoping that the parents would help reinforce the expectations for behavior at home.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"