Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Help me!!!! (nap time)

My 8 month old was napping in his car seat. I know it's not good, but that's the only place he would nap!!! His daycare lets him nap in a bouncy seat Bc again, he won't nap laying flat.  However, my mom (who works at his daycare) told me that they aren't allowed to let him nap in the bouncy seat anymore Bc apparently the state is coming in to do an inspection and the kids aren't allowed to nap like that. Soooo I am trying to break him of it at home also. It isn't going well. He is miserable. He screams and screams for like an hour, then finally he falls asleep after some shh-ing.  I feel horrible for him Bc he won't stay asleep long either so he is cranky and tired all day. Anyone deal with this? Help me please
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image

Re: Help me!!!! (nap time)

• Our 7 month old is dealing with this too.  She used to sleep inclined for her reflux.  However, she started sleeping in her crib through the night at 4 months old.  I don't know why but she refuses to nap in her crib or pack'n'play.  She'll sleep all night in her crib and her sitter and I have tried nonstop to only put her down in the crib for naps. I'm so grateful she sleeps well at night, but she gets so grumpy in the late afternoon from not napping.

I have no advice, but just wanted to let you know that I understand.  =-/

• There is no magic cure for a bad napper, unfortunately.  All I can advise is to be crazy consistent at nap times.  Also, keep in mind that everything will be completely different in a matter of months no matter what, babies grow and change in these habits all the time.  I put my LO down and if he's not having the nap I get him up and try again, same routine, in a half hour or so.  Eventually he is too tired to fight me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You have to nap train.  If you haven't sleep trained yet, do it all at the same time.  Order The Sleep Easy Solution.  Follow it to a T.  It will change your life.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagenbbride06:
    You have to nap train.  If you haven't sleep trained yet, do it all at the same time.  Order The Sleep Easy Solution.  Follow it to a T.  It will change your life.
    I'm a lurker but I have to say nbbride is right. Best book ever. Worked beautifully!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"