June 2011 Moms
Options

Clicky - Canadian/International Mommas

Yesterday's "If you're comfortable sharing, where are you from?" poll got me curious. 

I know there are a ton of Canadian and some international ladies on here, where are you all from?  I added a clicky poll by province (or other continents), but if you're comfortable sharing more, what do you love/loathe about your locale?

[Poll]
~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clicky - Canadian/International Mommas

• Options

I was born and raised just outside of Montreal, Quebec.  I love that it's a very multicultural city...makes for lots of amazing food!

I love that I am bilingual but I loathe the way Anglophones are sometimes treated like second-class citizens.  I also (obviously) hate the idea of the province I love wanting to seperate itself from the country I love.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was born on Vancouver Island, and still have family there.  Don't even have enough room to discuss the Pros of living there.  I grew up in the GTA, and then moved to London for university, and then moved back after a yera of teacher's college in the GTA again.

Pros - Love being an hour from US shopping, cost of housing is much more reasonable than other Canadian cities our size, get decent concerts and events stopping through between Detroit and Toronto, close enough to Toronto for day trips, etc.

Cons - Snowbelt.  Even though we've been lucky this year.  An odd city plunked down in the middle of country, with no other big cities around it.  Old infrastructure = driving annoyances.  I am sure I can think of more...but I have to run to dentist appt.  Tongue Tied

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted Antartica but really, I live in the US. I just voted to see the results of everyone else! lol.
  • Options

imageJayElleJayCee:
    I voted Antartica but really, I live in the US. I just voted to see the results of everyone else! lol.

You know you can just hit the see results button at the bottom of the poll, right?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in Stoney Creek, Ontario but was born and raised in the Kawartha Lakes, Ontario.  I would love to move to BC one day but I would miss my family too much!  There isn't very much that I love about the city I live in right now, we hope to move back to the Kawartha Lakes area one day.  It is a great place to raise your kids! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejkchs2003:

imageJayElleJayCee:

You know you can just hit the see results button at the bottom of the poll, right?

Yeah, thanks JayElleJayCeewhateverIdamnwellplease for skewing the results. Wink

• Options
    imagehepcats:
    imagejkchs2003:

imageJayElleJayCee:

Yeah, thanks JayElleJayCeewhateverIdamnwellplease for skewing the results. Wink

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Classic. I'm smart.

• Options
    Middle of nowhere aka Saskatchewan. Pretty sure my partner in crime already voted! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageDebbie0580:
    Middle of nowhere aka Saskatchewan. Pretty sure my partner in crime already voted! ;)

Partner in crime?

• Options
    imagehepcats:

imageDebbie0580:

Partner in crime?

As far as I know, there's only one other June Bumpie from Sask. and therefore she's my partner in crime. I don't know, I make no sense sometimes :) Based on the numbers, I think she's already voted. Buttt if there are others I'd be very exited!!
  • Options
    I'm from England living in Minnesota!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagehepcats:

imageDebbie0580:

Partner in crime?

As far as I know, there's only one other June Bumpie from Sask. and therefore she's my partner in crime. I don't know, I make no sense sometimes :) Based on the numbers, I think she's already voted. Buttt if there are others I'd be very exited!!

I am shocked there are 2 of you on here since the total population of Sask is 10.... haha Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageaanchor:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagehepcats:

imageDebbie0580:

Partner in crime?

I am shocked there are 2 of you on here since the total population of Sask is 10.... haha Stick out tongue

Bwahahahah. Give us a break. We're growing!! Surprisingly though, I didn't know the other Bumpie prior to this board! Shocking, I know!!!
  • Options
    imageaanchor:

Annnnnnd...don't hate just because we are the easiest Province to draw!! Stick out tongue
  • Options
    yay - you included me!!! i  thought i'd be a SS for sure! thanks for making a mumma feel special :)
  • Options
    imageDebbie0580:
    imageaanchor:

Annnnnnd...don't hate just because we are the easiest Province to draw!! Stick out tongue

So true.  Though I once had to draw your flag for elementary school, and the province would have been much easier.  Is the other Bumpie Hillill (spelling?)? I know there is someone else from Sask.

• Options
    imagemaddiemoon43:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imageaanchor:

So true.  Though I once had to draw your flag for elementary school, and the province would have been much easier.  Is the other Bumpie Hillill (spelling?)? I know there is someone else from Sask.

Haha, your right!

Yes I believe it is Hallil!

• Options
    imageDebbie0580:
    imageaanchor:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagehepcats:

imageDebbie0580:

Partner in crime?

Bwahahahah. Give us a break. We're growing!! Surprisingly though, I didn't know the other Bumpie prior to this board! Shocking, I know!!!

At least there is one other person from Sask...I have nobody Crying Tabarnack!

• Options
    imagejenny_jeff:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imageaanchor:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagehepcats:

imageDebbie0580:

Partner in crime?

Surprise You swore!!! Surprise and it didn't get *'d. Lol.
  • Options
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagejenny_jeff:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imageaanchor:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagehepcats:

imageDebbie0580:

Partner in crime?

LOVE IT!  DH was in French Immersion, and he never uses French other than to swear.  His explanation, "Take something related to the church.  Boom, you're swearing.  It's that easy!"  We should all start swearing in other languages on here.  Take that, you Bump ***s.

• Options
    imagemaddiemoon43:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagejenny_jeff:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imageaanchor:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagehepcats:

imageDebbie0580:

Partner in crime?

LOVE IT!  DH was in French Immersion, and he never uses French other than to swear.  His explanation, "Take something related to the church.  Boom, you're swearing.  It's that easy!"  We should all start swearing in other languages on here.  Take that, you Bump ***s.

that's pretty much dead on lol  

• Options
    Who's from Newfoundland and Nova Scotia?
  • Options

Another Ontario mom here. I'm about 40 minutes east of Toronto. 

Cons-cold weather. I loathe snow

Pros-everything else. I absolutely love Canada. I was born on the east coast and have visited the west coast and I think this whole place is absolutely beautiful. Wouldnt trade living here for sunshine everyday :)  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageLaceFace14:

Pros-everything else. I absolutely love Canada. I was born on the east coast and have visited the west coast and I think this whole place is absolutely beautiful. Wouldnt trade living here for sunshine everyday :)  

Now I'm curious! Oshawa area? I used to live about 40 minutes further - Cobourg, but have since moved to London.

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Options

I'm surprised there are only 18 of us!  I thought there were a lot more...

Also, a question...how do some of you have the city/province written under you avatar?  I can't find where to do that anywhere!

• Options
    imagesunset+skies:
    imageLaceFace14:

Now I'm curious! Oshawa area? I used to live about 40 minutes further - Cobourg, but have since moved to London.

Bowmanville :) and yay for. Cobourg beach and downtown!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageLaceFace14:
    imagesunset+skies:
    imageLaceFace14:

Bowmanville :) and yay for. Cobourg beach and downtown!  

You cannnot even begin to BELIEVE how much I miss the beach. The closest one to London is a 40 minute drive!

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Options

i live 45 min west of toronto!! i love where we live. nice neighbourhood, close to big cities and the states. lots of green space.

let's have a southwestern ontario gtg! there are a few of us! 

DS 9 SD 9 SS 15~ N born an Angel at 41 weeks 03-05-2005~ BFP 08-25-10 m/c 09-02-10~ BFP 09-30-10 EDD 06-09-11 Welcome K 06-01-11!!!
  • Options
    Who else is in BC? I'm just outside of Kelowna.
    sam & arlo 

• Options
    imageso excited 2010:

i live 45 min west of toronto!! i love where we live. nice neighbourhood, close to big cities and the states. lots of green space.

let's have a southwestern ontario gtg! there are a few of us! 

I remember there being a Buffalo/NY area GTG at one point...can't recall if on this board or another though...and thinking that if I still lived in Oakville it would have been so close.

ETA - I am pretty sure it was TTCAL, not here, now that I really think about it.  They were some awesome girls too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"